Toaster recommendations?

elisamcsDecember 20, 2006

My new kitchen is almost done, and I'll have double ovens as well as a micro/convection oven. Now I need a toaster - a plain, simple toaster. Does such a thing exist any longer? I already have a toaster oven that I want to store away to save counter space. Does anyone have a favorite?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
teresa_nc7

Sorry - but I'm firmly planted in the toaster oven camp. Don't think I could live without one. Would give up all kinds of counter space to have one.

Have you looked at the good brands, Dualit, Krups, Braun, Kitchen Aid, DeLonghi?

Bookmark   December 25, 2006 at 10:09AM
jdbillp

About a year ago we wanted a basic 4 slice toaster. I wanted one that had the retro chrome look. We bought a Hamilton Beach and like it just fine. $40, too.

It is also available in a 2 slice version for slightly less.

Here is a link that might be useful: click here

Bookmark   December 25, 2006 at 10:33AM
gorilla_x

After doing a lot of research, I settled on a KitchenAid KMTT400SS 4-slice toaster. Got it on Amazon for $80. Guiding factor for me: user reviews + the "Keep Warm" feature )keeps toast warm in case the toast is finished before the meal is ready).

There are 2-slice models, ans well as a host of colors to choose from. Mine should arrive on the 26th/27th of thos month.

If you buy $125 worth of items that are sold by Amazon.com (not third parties that sell thru Amazon), you get $25 off with their HOHOSAVE coupon. I bought a KA blender too, so I saved $25.

-G

Bookmark   December 25, 2006 at 1:28PM
azzalea

When it comes to toasters, they're such a simple appliance, that I always go with a relatively inexpensive one--and they always last me 10 years or so (I believe we're on our 3rd toaster in over 33 years of marriage), even though we make a lot of toast.

I'm with you about the toaster oven--they're an appliance that I can live without, but a nice compact, ordinary, pop 'em down and pop-up toaster is a must.

Truthfully, I've had good luck with just buying the simple, cheap, low end ones--not something that seems to really need a lot of bells and whistles, to my way of thinking, but that's just me.

Bookmark   December 25, 2006 at 7:37PM
More Discussions
Mauviel m'150s and m'250c
I'm looking at some pans in these two lines -- I understand...
Gooster
Help with Induction Cookware
I just bought a Samsung Induction cooktop, and I need...
element_z
Pasta rolling pin aka mattarello
I'm planning on purchasing a mattarello or pasta rolling...
miscel
Kitchenaid Stand Mixer Food Grinder
My hubs gave me the meat/food grinder attachment for...
mimijacobs
Recommendation for pans for high heat cooking
I like "high heat" cooking, not the kind...
azmom
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™