Cream Whipper

SKennedy0421December 10, 2004

Does anyone have a cream whipper? I saw some on cooking.com and there were three brands, ISI, Liss, and another one. I also checked e-Bay, and there are Whip It brand on there. This time of year, I am craving hot cocoa, lattes, and other hot drinks, and instant whipped cream would be great. Any input would be appreciated before I shell out $50, I want to make sure I know what I'm getting.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pkguy

I have an ISI whipper, though it's seldom used it works fine. I would check out local kitchen supply stores etc to see what brands replacement cartridges are easily available. ISI cartridges seem to be in most stores but I'm not sure whether they fit other makes.

Bookmark   December 10, 2004 at 6:48PM
SKennedy0421

PK: Thanks for the response. How often does the cartridge need to be replaced? I see there are some places that sell them on line. This will probably be one of those gadgets that I use all the time for the first two weeks I have it, then it will sit around collecting dust! It just seems like such a time saver around the holidays.

Bookmark   December 10, 2004 at 9:49PM
cpovey

Consider the quick whip. No cartridges to replace, and it's less expensive too boot.

Note that I do not have one, but have seen them in catalouges for years.

Colin

Here is a link that might be useful: Quick Whip

Bookmark   December 21, 2004 at 3:44PM
jan_in_davis

I was just reading another thread where someone mentioned a stick blender - I've been using that for whipping cream for a while and it works great! Quick, easy, less clean up than a big mixer (I confess I usually "wash" it by holding it under the instant boiling water tap for a little while).

Bookmark   December 29, 2004 at 12:41PM
More Discussions
Best Non-Stick Cookware?
Saw a segment on this morning's news that says not...
jrb451
Is there lead in this antique brass pitcher?
Hello, I have a fondness for antique metal cookware...
bradleyd_svh
Recommendation for pans for high heat cooking
I like "high heat" cooking, not the kind...
azmom
Wagners 1891 Dutch Oven
I have a couple of questions about a 5 qt Wagners 1891...
jpc57
New Viking Cookware
Has anyone tried the new Viking Cookware now being...
katespak
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™