Micowave question

bean_counter_z4December 20, 2006

I wondered which forum to post this on. The kitchen and appliance forums seem to be all about which new item to buy.

So... Here is my question or concern. I have a Panasonic microwave that is white to match my tile counter tops. Over the last couple years the plastic door frame around the window has yellowed to a sickening color. Has anyone else every had this problem with an appliance? Can the color be fixed? I hate to throw away a prefectly functional microwave but the color change is grossing me out. It only had a one year warranty, don't believe they are going to replace for discoloration.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
azzalea

Have you tried baking soda on it? Make a paste with water, spread on, wait a bit, and scrub with a nylon scrubby. I kind of doubt that's going to help--I imagine it's just that the plastic itself has turned color over the time you've had it, but baking soda often works wonders, and it's harmless so can't hurt to try. Good luck.

Bookmark   December 20, 2006 at 8:34PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bean_counter_z4

Thanks azzalea, I'll try anything--especially something as simple and harmless as baking soda. As you say, I have nothing lose.

Bookmark   December 21, 2006 at 9:00AM
More Discussions
Nu Wave Oven
Has anyone bought this? Is it worth the cost? It is...
marie26
Help with a Farberware MicroBrew
I need some help figuring out how to use a Farberware...
ritaotay
induction questions: heat distribution vs. pan size, moisture
I bought a single-burner induction hotplate to try...
meeotch
Pasta rolling pin aka mattarello
I'm planning on purchasing a mattarello or pasta rolling...
miscel
Best Non-Stick Cookware?
Saw a segment on this morning's news that says not...
jrb451
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™