Do I have the right kind of cookware for a smooth top stove?

jenn3292December 27, 2006

I got a set of Wearever Radiance for Christmas and I don't know if should use it on my smooth top stove. It has ridges on the bottom and it coated with porcelain.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I am not familiar with the cookware but generally in the booklet that came with pans it will say what type of range it is acceptable for. Sometimes even on the bottom of the pans. Also your range booklet should say what pans are okay to use.

    Bookmark   December 31, 2006 at 12:56PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

As eandhl said, the booklet should have the info in it. But just know that the more ridges you have, the less physical contact you'll have between the burner element and the pot/pan. Without seeing the size/number of ridges, I cannot say what the impact will be.


    Bookmark   January 2, 2007 at 11:31AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Mauviel m'150s and m'250c
I'm looking at some pans in these two lines -- I understand...
Nu Wave Oven
Has anyone bought this? Is it worth the cost? It is...
Pasta rolling pin aka mattarello
I'm planning on purchasing a mattarello or pasta rolling...
cooks essentials talking microwave
I don't know if I should post this here or on the cooking...
Help with Induction Cookware
I just bought a Samsung Induction cooktop, and I need...
Sponsored Products
TOTO Connelly(TM) Thermostatic Mixing Valve Trim
Modern Bathroom
Furniture of America Lisle Dark Espresso Counter-height Stool (Set of 2)
Home Decorators Collection Fire Places Wood Stoves & Hardware Grand Haven 59
Home Decorators Collection
Lynx 27-inch Built-in Grill with Brass Burners and Rotisserie
Gourmet Chef Professional Heavy-duty Nonstick Fry Pans
TOTO Wyeth(TM) Thermostatic Mixing Valve Trim - Chrome
Modern Bathroom
Roadster Single Watch Winder with Storage
$450.00 | FRONTGATE
Thermocast Kitchen Newport Drop-in Acrylic 33x22x9 5-Hole Double Bowl Kitchen
Home Depot
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™