Rachael Ray's Two-Burner Grill?

robk2kDecember 30, 2006

I would like a good-quality two-burner grill to use occasionally. I really like the results that Rachael gets with the one she uses on her 30-minute show, but I can't figure out what brand it is. Have any of you figured out which grill it is? And I can't tell if it is black-enameled cast iron, or uncoated cast iron.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
azzalea

She often uses one that looks like the Lodge Cast Iron one I have. It's a griddle on one side, and a grill on the other. Great piece to have.

Why don't you take a look at the Lodge website, and see if that's the one you're talking about--then you should be able to pick one up at almost any housewares, department or most discount stores. Most of them carry Lodge in my area.

Bookmark   January 1, 2007 at 4:48PM
robk2k

Thanks, azzalea. I have looked at the Lodge grill but wasn't sure if it is the one she uses. Probably close enough. I checked out the description of one on Amazon, and it says it has a slight slant so that grease flows into the channel--does the griddle side have a slant also, and have you ever had problems with pancake batter "running" downhill so to speak? Thanks again.

Bookmark   January 3, 2007 at 10:42PM
dmlove

The Lodge website shows two reversible grill/griddles and one of them says it is sloped with a grease channel.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lodge Grill/griddle

Bookmark   January 4, 2007 at 12:15AM
azzalea

I use mine for pancakes frequently, and have NEVER had a problem with the pancake batter running into the grease channel. I don't think the grill has that much of a slope, really.

Meant to mention, that Lodge is very inexpensive--so you should be able to add one to your kitchen collection without putting too much of a dent into the budget. I love that such great cooking tools are so affordable.

Bookmark   January 4, 2007 at 9:13AM
robk2k

Thank you, azzalea and dmlove! I'm going to get the larger one that has the slight slope--good to know if won't affect the pancakes--thanks again!

Bookmark   January 5, 2007 at 3:08PM
mikect01

She now uses an orange enameled one on her talk show. Does anyone know where that one came from?

Bookmark   February 14, 2007 at 1:35PM
bungalowbees

Crazy thought but maybe it's a new pan in her line??!! She uses different materials & shapes for her pans, I'd be surprised to see her hawking another line now that she has her own!

Here is a link that might be useful: Rachel Ray orange grill pan

Bookmark   February 14, 2007 at 3:11PM
More Discussions
Best Non-Stick Cookware?
Saw a segment on this morning's news that says not...
jrb451
stainless flatware
does anyone have reed and barton allora flatware? i...
JoPierson
Recommendation for pans for high heat cooking
I like "high heat" cooking, not the kind...
azmom
silicone baking mat aftertaste
i got silicone baking mats on overstock.com a couple...
ardcp
New Viking Cookware
Has anyone tried the new Viking Cookware now being...
katespak
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™