Help with Miele dishwasher install

moomoosmomNovember 25, 2012

We bought a Miele diswasher (G4205U) at the annual Miele warehouse sale. We pulled out our old Frigidare DW and are in the process of installing the Miele. Its way shoter than our standard builder grade cabinets. Our old DW was MAYBE a 1/2" shorter than the cabinets at most. The Miele is just shy of 1 1/2" shorter. We can raise the front legs but not the back ones on it. We could raise up the front legs but then the unit won't be front back level. Any tips or suggestions? We are contemplating cutting a piece of 2x4 and putting it in to fill the gap.

The Miele instructions suck and are clearly not geared toward DIY.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
xedos

The back legs can be raised from the front of the machine.

On the bottom are two sets of screws that require a TORX 20 (t-20) bit/ screwdriver.

One set adjusts the door tension springs and the other the rear legs. There are pictograms resembling a leg and a spring

Bookmark   November 25, 2012 at 6:44PM
DCJersey

Not to hijack this thread, but can you provide more information regarding the Miele warehouse sale? I tried googling, but could only find info about a Miele outlet in Canada. Is the sale you mentioned in Canada? Thanks!

Bookmark   November 25, 2012 at 8:32PM
moomoosmom

Xedos - THANK YOU! I looked all over for those screws. For the life of me I never thought to look on the FRONT! Appreciate the tip! Any other sage advice?

Yes sorry DCJersey the sale was in Toronto Canada. They hold it for two days once a year - was this friday and sat. Dishwasher was less than half the retail price. Crossing my fingers its as good as everyone says!

Bookmark   November 25, 2012 at 9:12PM
fauguy

Not sure why, bug from what I've read over the past few years, it seems like Miele Canada does a lot more sales and promos, including longer warranties. But here in the US they do no national sales or promos.

Bookmark   November 26, 2012 at 12:44AM
scotkight

I may be too late, but that is a sizable gap.

If you want your unit to be as quiet as possible, I suggest going back to your first thought with a shim piece of wood to be put under the DW, but it should be full sized, not just the back.

Truthfully it is a very minor difference, so if you have it setup already, don't worry about it. The general rule is for noisy items you want to keep the legs as short as possible to reduce vibration.

Bookmark   November 30, 2012 at 7:54AM
More Discussions
plumbed miele steam
i went to gaggenau showroom and the employee said that...
housebuilder14
48" Wolf, Thermador or Bluestar...or something else?
Looking into purchasing a 48" range. Wolf: Classic....
wren21
New KitchenAid launch in April 2015
Hi, everyone. Sorry if this has already been discussed....
kiwigem
High end appliances thermador vs. dacor
I currently have dacor ovens. I am trying decide brands...
mcaprizs
Best duel fuel range
If you wanted duel fuel which would you go for?
nismo99
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™