Does this stand mixer look used?

Jen_zhDecember 14, 2013

Finally got time and was so excited to open the KitchenAid Professional 600 stand mixer my hubby got me from Kohl's black Friday sale. But it just doesn't look like new to me. I attached a few photos here - first off, it's already assembled; then, I found the handle sticky, like the oil grease or something; and there are more: some cream batter look-alike thing on the back (didn't dare to taste it), flour like powder in the bowl and on the wire whisk.

Looks so used to me. But I had no prior experience with any stand mixed and don't want to wrong the shipping source if those are indeed from the manufacture for protection (power, motor lubricant etc. maybe?). Can you please give me some advice before I decide to ask for an exchange? Thank you!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
alex9179

I don't have any experience with stand mixers, but the fact that there are substances on it that shouldn't be there would lead me to exchange it.

Also, open the box of the replacement and check it over before leaving.

Bookmark   December 14, 2013 at 8:45PM
nancylouise_gw

I would take it back. Both of my KA mixers were clean as a whistle when we opened them. If it is just lubricant etc., that is poor quality control and should have not been passed on to the consumer. It could also be a return as you think. Retailers are putting back out on the sales floor returns. My niece works at a cooking store. They were told a few years ago that if it still looks good and works, clean it up more and put it back out. Problem is many people by things like mixers and coffee makers just to use during the holiday season. They make all their doughs and baked goods with the mixers, have the nice coffee makers for the parties, then after return them back to the store. I worked in a cooking store. It happened many a time. So it could very well have been used Jen. NancyLouise

Bookmark   December 15, 2013 at 6:11AM
Jen_zh

Thanks a lot to both of you, alex9179 and NancyLouise! I'm heading to the store to exchange it now. Wish me good luck! :)

Bookmark   December 15, 2013 at 11:54AM
sweetcheeks5353

Hi can someone help I've bought a heavy duty kitchen aid when I put it on highest setting num 10 it trips my electric off , can anyone help thank you

Bookmark   February 14, 2014 at 2:07PM
alex9179

Sounds like your wiring isn't to code?

Bookmark   February 14, 2014 at 8:59PM
llaatt22

(Google the name)

Bookmark   February 16, 2014 at 12:52PM
nancylouise_gw

That would be my guess also. You don't have enough amps to run the machine. NancyLouise

Bookmark   February 27, 2014 at 9:26AM
More Discussions
Help with Induction Cookware
I just bought a Samsung Induction cooktop, and I need...
element_z
Favorite tea kettle for induction?
Waiting patiently for my induction cooktop to be installed....
txjoyce
New Viking Cookware
Has anyone tried the new Viking Cookware now being...
katespak
Pasta rolling pin aka mattarello
I'm planning on purchasing a mattarello or pasta rolling...
miscel
Need advice on a soup pot
hi, I haven't bought cookware in years, so don't know...
ellenr22
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™