Kirkland Professional Cookware

GaprofittDecember 28, 2005

Hi All,

After reading some reviews from Consumer Reports and reviews at www.eopinions.com we opted to purchase the 14 piece professional hard anodized aluminum set from costco. They are rated #1 by consumer reports and only cost $150.00. We are wondering if they are oven safe or not. The only thing in the manual is the following and nothing is listed on the cookware itself.

Our Cookware is designed for use on gas, electric, ceramic and halogen stoves. The non-stick interior can be heated continuously at temperatures up to 500 degrees without damaging the surface. Excessive use of high heat will over time deterirate any non-stick surface. Not recommended for use under broiler.

Thanks,

Greg

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wowibrug

Sorry I can't answer your question - I don't know if it's oven safe - but I wanted to let you know that we purchased this set about three years ago and we LOVE it. We purchased it on a whim prior to our wedding, and took the $300 All-Clad set off our gift registry. Haven't regretted it for a moment. It's a fantastic set.

FYI, we do wash these in the dishwasher and have noticed in our new stainless-interior KitchenAid DW, the black outside finish on our pots and pans is wearing off and turning a matte silver color. Don't know what that's all about, but we don't care because they don't seem to be affected functionally, and the pots & pans are stored in a drawer anyway.

Bookmark   December 30, 2005 at 6:58PM
brooksiefan

It's oven-safe up to 500 degrees. Don't use it under the broiler.

I can't imagine anything you would want to put in the oven at 500 degrees for any amount of time.

Bookmark   December 31, 2005 at 1:04AM
berob

The only Kirkland cookware rated in the December '05 issue is the Kirkland Signature nonstick set, which was ranked #1 in its category. Where did you see the rating of the set you bought? Thanks, and I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Bookmark   December 31, 2005 at 9:54PM
ladywhip_43

My husband bought me a set of these pans five years ago to replace everything non stick we had due to my parakeet being killed by the nonstick toxins.. I have really enjoyed the pans, although they are heavy.. But.. I realized fairly recently the bottom has separated on my biggest frying pan, and soon I won't be able to use it. I am going to check and see what the warranty was. I hope it was lifetime. In any event.. I would be cautious about buying them again. BTW.. I have only used these pans on gas ranges.

Bookmark   December 13, 2008 at 4:30PM
More Discussions
Pasta rolling pin aka mattarello
I'm planning on purchasing a mattarello or pasta rolling...
miscel
silicone baking mat aftertaste
i got silicone baking mats on overstock.com a couple...
ardcp
Help with a Farberware MicroBrew
I need some help figuring out how to use a Farberware...
ritaotay
Kitchenaid Stand Mixer
I have read threads in here from people who love their...
catt11
tea kettles
Hi - does anyone know of a whistling tea kettle that...
chilloway
Sponsored Products
Meno Home Bag by Iittala
$50.00 | Lumens
Set of Two 15 oz. Bodum Double Wall Latte Mugs
$40.00 | FRONTGATE
Pod Wok - Light Gray
| Dot & Bo
Pots and Pans Storage
CliqStudios Cabinets
Set of Two 5 oz. Bodum Double Wall Espresso Mugs
$25.00 | FRONTGATE