Rec for large cookie sheets??

blsdgalDecember 6, 2006

I would like to purchase 3 cookie sheets that will each hold 20 cookies, so that I can use convection and bake a full batch at once.

I am looking at this cookie sheet (in the link). Does anyone have any other suggestions for nice, large cookie sheets?

Thanks.

Here is a link that might be useful: large cookie sheet

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
momj47

I bought these at Sam's Club (the two pack!) and I love them. They are big enough, very heavy, good quality, great price, can go into the DW, and the cookies come out well. I do bake on parchment paper, not directly on the sheet. The size also fits well in my cabinet. Anything much bigger would be a problem.

Happy baking.

Bookmark   December 6, 2006 at 12:13PM
fairegold

Best ones are the 1/2 sheet size, heavy aluminum pro-style ones that Momj47 mentions. ALso find them at restaurant supply stores, Walmart and other places for under $8 each. (If you insist upon shopping at Williams Sonoma or Macy's, expect to pay about twice as much for each one, or more. I saw them for $20 each at one store.) Buy a bunch---I have 5 and it's lovely to have that many. Inexpensive and easy to store, and best for baking, too.

This topic has come up over the years in both Kitchens and Cooking forums, and these cookie sheets win every time.

Bookmark   December 9, 2006 at 7:10PM
blsdgal

Thanks for the info gals. I am an hour from ANYTHING that resembles good shopping, but I am going to definitely try Sams. I am so tired of baking with junk bakeware.

I found out that the factory for Doughmakers (the link I listed) is only one hour from where I live and that they have a sale which is open to the public (first quality and seconds as well).

Here is the link if anyone is interested. I hope it's OK to post this info.

Thanks again!

Here is a link that might be useful: link

Bookmark   December 12, 2006 at 11:47AM
kitchendetective

Mine are made by Vollrath. Heavy duty and inexpensive, but, for the life of me, I can't remember where I found them. Many professional bakers use them, so I would look online or at a restaurant supply when you do get to a shopping area. I can sympathize--I live over an hour from anything also.

Bookmark   December 14, 2006 at 12:19AM
joe_blowe

Yes, you want Vollrath sheet pans (a/k/a bun pans)!

They're a standard commercial bakery item, so you should be able to find them at your local restaurant supply store, Smart & Final, etc.

Here's another source: Surfas Restaurant Supply - Bake Pans

Bookmark   December 14, 2006 at 1:18PM
fairegold

The ones I saw at WalMart were the Vollrath.

Bookmark   December 14, 2006 at 5:52PM
ovenbird

Do the 1/2 sheet Vollrath pans work well for baking cookies in a convection oven? My manual says to use sheets without sides for better air circulation. Has anyone used the Vollrath heavy gauge aluminum cookie sheets in a convection oven?...although a bit pricey compared to the 1/2 sheet pan!

Bookmark   December 14, 2006 at 10:22PM
fairegold

I use the regular 1/2 sheet-sized ones with the lip (AKA a jelly roll pan) in my convection ovens. No trouble. (note, I am talking about full-sized regular wall ovens and not smaller table-top models, since I have no experience with those.)

Bookmark   December 15, 2006 at 7:02PM
ovenbird

Thanks fairegold. I think I'll get 3 of each, 1/2 sheet pan with the lip and cookie sheets without the lip. We have double convection ovens, so I'll use both sets when I do lots of cookies!

Bookmark   December 16, 2006 at 9:28AM
dmlove

I use the type fairegold recommended (on her recommendation) and am very happy with them. If you have a chance to handle them before you buy, that would be good. Even though you probably don't use them as often as pots and pans, so it's less of an issue, I found that I didn't like the "feel" of the side-less ones, and really disliked the Kaiser tinplate ones that Cooks Illustrated recommended. I'm very pleased with the plain old aluminum jelly roll pan (in which I use a Silpat-type mat for cookies --- not Silpat brand, though; I use Matfer Exopat brand, which I get on Amazon, much less expensive than Silpat)

Bookmark   December 16, 2006 at 11:32AM
More Discussions
best (semi-pro) brand pots and pans for induction
hello we are renovating our kitchen and now it will...
robantwerp
Mauviel m'150s and m'250c
I'm looking at some pans in these two lines -- I understand...
Gooster
Help with Induction Cookware
I just bought a Samsung Induction cooktop, and I need...
element_z
Help with a Farberware MicroBrew
I need some help figuring out how to use a Farberware...
ritaotay
silicone baking mat aftertaste
i got silicone baking mats on overstock.com a couple...
ardcp
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™