Does cooking with Gas affect taste.

uncle_deanDecember 9, 2009

I'm in the process of building a new kitchen and have researched many different cooktops. I'm wondering if the different form of cooktops i.e. (gas, radient, induction) affect the taste of foods. I know for a fact tha micro-waving effects the taste of my wifes tea and she much prefers the tea I make her heating the water on the stove top. So if I follow this reasoning different energy sources should affect taste. Does anyone have experience with the way that food cooked over gas differs from foods cooked over and electric source be it radient or induction?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sushipup1

You might want to also check out the Cooking Forum and Kitchens. This forum runs a little slower than either of those.

But to my knowledge, cooking fuel will not affect food flavors. I suppose the microwaving water relates more to it being aerated more when brought to a boil on the cooktop than in a microwave.

But I cook with gas on the cooktop and have electric ovens (dual fuel) and I wouldn't have it any other way. As the sayong goes YMMV.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cooking forum

Bookmark   December 9, 2009 at 10:17AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
leel

Ihave always had gas (not personally!) and am now experimenting with induction. There is absolutely no difference in the cooked product. As to preference, I would vote for either of these, but definitely not standard electric, because it can't be adjusted quickly.

Bookmark   December 9, 2009 at 11:45AM
More Discussions
White film/Oxidation on Wusthof Handles
I recently bought a set of Wusthof Classic Ikon knives...
rmverb
Kitchen Selective food slicer
Would anyone know of source for parts for Kitchen Selective...
debby_1
tea kettles
Hi - does anyone know of a whistling tea kettle that...
chilloway
induction stove power boost function
Have a set of Zwilling cookware and their brochure...
metaphilos
Mauviel m'150s and m'250c
I'm looking at some pans in these two lines -- I understand...
Gooster
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™