Whirlpool Gold

gabethanNovember 23, 2013

After an exhaustive search on dishwashers, I came across this as having great reviews. It's also a Black Friday deal. I know Miele is the coveted brand, but I've been through many a high end dishwasher. I need 2 and was curious the feedback on this forum. Thanks!

http://t.homedepot.com/p/Whirlpool-Gold-Top-Control-Dishwasher-in-Monochromatic-Stainless-Steel-WDT710PAYM/203524129/

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pigeonenglish

I got a new Whirlpool Gold dishwasher a couple of months ago to replace a 10-12 year old Whirlpool Gold.

This is the model I have: http://t.homedepot.com/p/Whirlpool-Gold-Front-Control-Dishwasher-in-Monochromatic-Stainless-Steel-with-Stainless-Steel-Tub-WDF750SAYM/203524098/

It's nice and quiet and does the job. But only if you use the rinse-aid. Without the rinse aid nothing made of plastic, and none of the cutlery will dry.

Bookmark   November 23, 2013 at 4:50PM
athomesewing

I bought the top of the line Whirlpool Gold dishwasher some time back and I would never recommend one. Mine never ever dried a dish, despite multiple service calls. I wish it was just the plastic items that didn't dry. There is something gross about flatware staying wet. And, in case you're wondering rinse aid did not help, the water temperature coming in is fine.

Bookmark   November 24, 2013 at 9:14AM
pigeonenglish

Maybe it's to do with water hardness? We have very soft water with virtually nothing in it.

Bookmark   November 24, 2013 at 11:15AM
More Discussions
KitchenAid Dishwasher Leaking Water - Defective Pump Clamp Recall
After dinner, we ran the dishwasher (KitchenAid KUDE60FXSS4)...
mn_runner
Lacanche-beautiful but how functional?
I am very tempted to splurge on a Lacanche for our...
mbwestfall
Tall wine cooler
Would like some feedback on wine cooler. Some that...
mcaprizs
cancer warning on kitchenaid dw
New kitchenaid dishwasher manual has warnings for chemicals...
kickball
American Range? Buyer Beware!
It is with big frustration that I am reporting an unacceptable...
foodiefrog
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™