Whirlpool Gold

gabethanNovember 23, 2013

After an exhaustive search on dishwashers, I came across this as having great reviews. It's also a Black Friday deal. I know Miele is the coveted brand, but I've been through many a high end dishwasher. I need 2 and was curious the feedback on this forum. Thanks!

http://t.homedepot.com/p/Whirlpool-Gold-Top-Control-Dishwasher-in-Monochromatic-Stainless-Steel-WDT710PAYM/203524129/

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pigeonenglish

I got a new Whirlpool Gold dishwasher a couple of months ago to replace a 10-12 year old Whirlpool Gold.

This is the model I have: http://t.homedepot.com/p/Whirlpool-Gold-Front-Control-Dishwasher-in-Monochromatic-Stainless-Steel-with-Stainless-Steel-Tub-WDF750SAYM/203524098/

It's nice and quiet and does the job. But only if you use the rinse-aid. Without the rinse aid nothing made of plastic, and none of the cutlery will dry.

Bookmark   November 23, 2013 at 4:50PM
athomesewing

I bought the top of the line Whirlpool Gold dishwasher some time back and I would never recommend one. Mine never ever dried a dish, despite multiple service calls. I wish it was just the plastic items that didn't dry. There is something gross about flatware staying wet. And, in case you're wondering rinse aid did not help, the water temperature coming in is fine.

Bookmark   November 24, 2013 at 9:14AM
pigeonenglish

Maybe it's to do with water hardness? We have very soft water with virtually nothing in it.

Bookmark   November 24, 2013 at 11:15AM
More Discussions
need help - with Miele DW and Ikea Sektion panel
Hi All, Getting a Sektion kitchen. I want a Miele...
Kathy Rohde
Hood & Venting for Bluestar Rangetop...Zephyr or Bluestar?
In deciding between the 36" Bluestar cooktop and...
missmeghan702
Miele 643g dishwasher
I bought a house that has this dishwasher. I do not...
cbsdesign
Bluestar platinum vs Capital Culinarian
We are deciding on kitchen appliances for our upgrade...
malba2366
New cooktop slightly smaller than old cutout in granite
I have a 36 " gas cooktop in my granite countertop...
chirs1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™