Best Countertop Microwave/toaster oven?

jaxoNovember 18, 2010

I am considering replacing my OTR microwave with a range hood for better exhausting of cooking odors.

However, the kitchen is small and counter space is limited and I don't have space for both a microwave and a separate toaster oven sitting on the counter.

I would be interested in a microwave that could fully take the place of a toaster oven for quickly heating up things that don't reheat or cook well in a microwave.

I'm not sure if microwave/convection ovens work as well as a dedicated toaster oven. Do they?

What are the best options?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
homechef

jaxo - I was looking for the same exact thing, and based on my research, I couldn't really find a mw that would also work as a toaster. I think some convection/mw combos are OK for baking, but toast is another matter. The more functions you pack into a mw, the more likely it will break down.

I ended up with a Breville smart oven and a regular Sharp mw. I know that's not what you want to hear, with space being at a premium, but that's my experience. Perhaps someone else will chime in with a success story of a toaster/mw, but I would recommend a small toaster somewhere, space permitting.

Bookmark   November 18, 2010 at 8:58PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jaxo

It's not super important that it toast bread since I can get a slim toaster that won't take much space next to it. However, I do not have space for both a microwave and another countertop oven for baking and browning smaller items such as single pot pie, a small can of biscuits or reheating a slice of leftover pizza without making it soggy and rubbery in a microwave.

Bookmark   November 18, 2010 at 9:08PM
More Discussions
New KitchenAid launch in April 2015
Hi, everyone. Sorry if this has already been discussed....
kiwigem
36 Inch Wolf Range and Fridge
I'm looking at range's for my wife's soon to be kitchen...
amexblackg5
Need A New Keurig - Suggestions?
Our Keurig at the lake bit the dust. The single cup...
amck2
Miele Oven Temperatures - Please Check Yours
So I'm back. I'm on my second Masterchef oven, after...
baver
Single Electric Wall Oven: WHY is it so hard to find a good one?
Hi everyone! We are finally WELL underway with our...
lovelylinguist
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™