Another tea kettle thread - please help!
I've checked other threads including thr recent one; haven't found a convincing recommendation.
My mom has asked for a new tea kettle. She didn't specify any particulars, but knowing her here are some criteria:
- Clean, simple lines, maybe more contemporary styling. (i.e. not the Windsors at Wms Sonoma)
- No hot handles. (I've seen this complaint plenty with both All-Clad and Chantel)
- Spout must be big enough to easily pour water in. My mom has always done it this way, and you can't teach and old dog new tricks. (Her Oxo has been a nightmare for this reason. You have to tilt it to open the spout, and now you can't fill it.)
- Spout must easily open and close without burning yourself. (My wife just bought a Farberware because she liked the color. Didn't notice that there's just a tiny rubber insulator to help you open it, but you need a potholder to close it without touching something hot. Nice design, huh?)
- Whistle that works for more than a month would be nice, but we've come accustomed not to expect that.
- Must be available at a STORE, not just online.
Please help. It's the day before Christmas Eve, I'm hosting supper at 4 tomorrow, haven't planned the meal, haven't begun gift shopping, house is a mess inside and out, and I'm at WORK.
At this late point in time, money is no object. In fact it's a "main" gift so I want to spend a bit more for something nice.