Electric Mini Chopper

secsteveDecember 6, 2009

My old hand chopper finally bit the dust and I'm looking for a new one and noticed a Hamilton Beach Deluxe Food Chopper at Wal Mart for $18.00 along with an Oster for $17. Has anyone used or have one of the these mini-choppers and how do you like it.

While my old one was good, it got to be a bit of a chore chopping nuts etc at Christmas time and these seem like they'd be faster.

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bryansda

I've had one for a number of years and it's a handy little sucker. You just have to be careful not to over do it or you'll have powder.

Bookmark   December 6, 2009 at 1:02PM
secsteve

bryansda thanks for the info. What brand is the one you have? I've seen others that I'm also interested in like a Kitchen Aide and a Cuisinart.

Anyone else?

Bookmark   December 7, 2009 at 8:19AM
bryansda

I think mine is a Black and Decker, but wouldn't swear to it. I got it as a gift a number of years ago. If you really want some good information try posting over on the Cooking forum, but be warned you may get more information than you want...LOL.

Bookmark   December 8, 2009 at 12:22AM
pnw_jan

Due to space concerns and because I cook only for myself, I use one of the mini choppers (Black & Decker/Toastmaster) in place of a standard food processor. I have been surprised at what a good job it does and how versatile it can be. I got mine on sale for around $8 eight years ago and consider it to be one of my favorite tools. If I need to "process" larger quantities, I simply do it in batches. I see on the internet that the regular price ranges between $12-$17 so should it ever fail, it is not a big deal to replace.

Bookmark   December 11, 2009 at 1:07AM
calliope

I have the Quisinart, and I don't like it at all. I think I paid for the name, thinking I was going to get a good unit. I am always shutting it off and dislodging food it won't grind. It replaced a Herbie I used for ten years, and cost me sixteen bucks. That was the best little mini-chopper I ever owned. I use mine a lot when not in canning season. Then I use one of the big-boys. But mini-choppers are handy.

Bookmark   December 21, 2009 at 5:46PM
More Discussions
Kitchenaid Stand Mixer Food Grinder
My hubs gave me the meat/food grinder attachment for...
mimijacobs
Favorite tea kettle for induction?
Waiting patiently for my induction cooktop to be installed....
txjoyce
silicone baking mat aftertaste
i got silicone baking mats on overstock.com a couple...
ardcp
White film/Oxidation on Wusthof Handles
I recently bought a set of Wusthof Classic Ikon knives...
rmverb
Nu Wave Oven
Has anyone bought this? Is it worth the cost? It is...
marie26
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™