Silly Question about Wolf Rangetop

wingnut330November 22, 2010

Hello all,

We recently had our Wolf 36' gas rangetop installed (4 sealed burner with griddle). We would like to buy new cookware as well but want to get something that will hold up and work well with our new, rougher cooking surface. What do you folks recommend?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sushipup1

Whatever you get, you want a nice thick bottom. We got new pans from Costco when we installed out Viking 15K burners rangetop 8 years ago. Thinner bottomed pans, like my old Revereware, were a recipe for burning food.

Don't worry about a set, but get individual pieces as you need. And a couple of cheap non-stick fry pans, too. Don't waste money on fancy sets.

I've picked up a few pieces of Calphalon at their outlet store, and I really like their stuff.

Bookmark   November 27, 2010 at 5:02PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
arley_gw

The article at the link is wonderful to help you decide what you need. It'll take a bit of time to get through it all, but it'll be time well spent. Even if you retain only a fraction of it, you'll know more about cookware than the average kitchen department salesperson.

I think a 'set' is false economy; there will inevitably be an item or two that you never use. IMHO, better to decide what tasks you want to accomplish, then get the best tool for that task that you can afford.

But if you want a set, the Costco Kirkland stainless pots have gotten good reviews, and they're reasonably priced.

Here is a link that might be useful: understanding stovetop cookware

Bookmark   November 30, 2010 at 11:47AM
More Discussions
induction stove power boost function
Have a set of Zwilling cookware and their brochure...
metaphilos
Fermented cabbage
Many people really enjoy as me the taste of fermented...
GeorgeLiv
Best Non-Stick Cookware?
Saw a segment on this morning's news that says not...
jrb451
Best stockpot recommendations?
I've been slowly upgrading my cookware (Demeyere, Le...
Gooster
Is there lead in this antique brass pitcher?
Hello, I have a fondness for antique metal cookware...
bradleyd_svh
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™