titanium nonstick cookware

starsternNovember 13, 2011

had anyone experienced with scan-pan ctx titanium non stick cookware ?or with brand sold by scaledowncookware

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bob_cville

I previously had a scanpan classic omlette pan that worked extremely well for me, having to give it up was my only regret in getting an induction cooktop. I got a new induction capable non-stick pan (possibly Farberware Millenium) and wasn't very happy with its non-stick-ness from the start and it got worse over time until you'd need to use a Tbsp of oil to keep an omelette from sticking.

When Scanpan CTX were finally available I bought a new omelette pan, and have had it for about 14 months, and I'm still very happy with it. Most mornings I'll make an omlette for my wife and a fried egg for myself, so it has been used probably about 600 times, and it still is able to cook an omlette or a fried egg without using a drop of oil, and not have it stick.

Pricewise I recall it was rather expensive, and I probably wouldn't get an entire set of them, but for a few pieces where you need the superlative non-stick-ness, I say go for it.

Bookmark   November 21, 2011 at 9:41AM
More Discussions
Nu Wave Oven
Has anyone bought this? Is it worth the cost? It is...
marie26
stainless flatware
does anyone have reed and barton allora flatware? i...
JoPierson
Pasta rolling pin aka mattarello
I'm planning on purchasing a mattarello or pasta rolling...
miscel
Help with Induction Cookware
I just bought a Samsung Induction cooktop, and I need...
element_z
White film/Oxidation on Wusthof Handles
I recently bought a set of Wusthof Classic Ikon knives...
rmverb
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™