Calphalon

michele07November 19, 2006

Hi- i would like some advice, please....

Do i want: Calphalon Tri-ply or Calphalon Contemporary Stainless? Other than the finish and the handles, is there much of a difference? 10 pieces of contemporary stainless is $100 more than 13 pieces of the Tri Pli. Wondering if there is much of a difference between the pots...or could you just give me some advice? Thanks, i appreciate it!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
deepwater

Just one person's opinion, but with Contemporary you are paying for the design. They are both good quality clad SS with full aluminum core up the sides, glass lids, stay-cool SS handles and lifetime warranty. Read the product info on contemporary SS... it talks a lot about fashion, style, design, trendsetting... read: pricey. I took some courses at Calphalon and used both. Performance wise they are similar.

Tri-ply is good solid utility cookware with a traditional look. Not fancy, but it works.

Bookmark   November 20, 2006 at 10:04PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cupofkindness

I think the tri ply is a more classic look that will blend with other stainless cookware that you might have/acquire. But that's a preference issue. I really like the 13 pc. tri ply set. A great deal at Linens and Things when you deduct the 20% off coupon, which works for Calphalon, but not AC (with painful handles).

Bookmark   November 28, 2006 at 3:10PM
More Discussions
Need advice on a soup pot
hi, I haven't bought cookware in years, so don't know...
ellenr22
Best stockpot recommendations?
I've been slowly upgrading my cookware (Demeyere, Le...
Gooster
tea kettles
Hi - does anyone know of a whistling tea kettle that...
chilloway
Club cast aluminum still made?
I am new to the list, so forgive me if this subject...
joan41
Kitchen Selective food slicer
Would anyone know of source for parts for Kitchen Selective...
debby_1
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™