Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin Professional S

dgaylorNovember 11, 2013

Hi, I can get a set of Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin Professional S for $170, but I am wondering if it is a good deal and if it is a quality set. I currently have a Global Santoku knife and would like to expand. The set consists of 4" paring knife, 5" serrated utility, 6" utility knife, 8" chef's knife, 9" sharpening steel, kitchen shears and a hardwood storage block. Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kitchendetective

Have you thought about which knives you are most likely to use, when you say you would like to expand your collection? Most people here advocate having a good chef's knife, a good pairing knife, and a good bread knife for a start. Choosing which brand and model should at least be a function of trying the knives out on some food (some retailers let you do this, Sur La Table is one) and seeing how they fit in your hand. Overall, I think Henckels quality has gone down, although they do have some new introductions that I like. If you like the way the knives handle and what you find out about the steel they employ, then the 8" chef's, the 4" paring, the sharpening steel, and the shears would be a good set. If those are a good buy at $170, I'd say, go ahead. The others would not be my personal choice for knives, but you may feel differently. I neither have nor feel a need for a serrated utility or a utility knife. On the other hand, I have and use filet and boning knives. In short, it's too personal a decision for a definitive answer.

Bookmark   November 13, 2013 at 9:47PM
More Discussions
best (semi-pro) brand pots and pans for induction
hello we are renovating our kitchen and now it will...
robantwerp
Kitchen Selective food slicer
Would anyone know of source for parts for Kitchen Selective...
debby_1
Club cast aluminum still made?
I am new to the list, so forgive me if this subject...
joan41
induction stove power boost function
Have a set of Zwilling cookware and their brochure...
metaphilos
New Viking Cookware
Has anyone tried the new Viking Cookware now being...
katespak
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™