Kitchen Aid food processor ???

patsyannNovember 20, 2010

My old food processor is falling apart and I'm in the market for a new one. I am looking for a 12 cup size and someone said the Kitchen Aid might be the ticket. I'm interested in your opinions and also where I can get one at a reasonable price.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
arley_gw

Cooks Illustrated just published (11/1/10) a review of several FP's. They won't let you see the results online, though, unless you sign up for a free two week trial. Cagey, but it might be worthwhile signing up...unless someone will chime in and post the results. They did like the KA food processor in the last review of FP's they did some years back.

Before plunking down $$$ on an item you may be living with for the next decade or so, it's probably worth while to go down to the local newsstand and buy the Nov/Dec 2010 issue. (Or at least read the article there at the newsstand :)--or check it out at the library's reading room.

Bookmark   November 22, 2010 at 4:11PM
patsyann

Thanks for the advice.

Bookmark   December 9, 2010 at 10:45PM
arley_gw

BTW I was at a bookstore last night and looked at the Dec 2010 Cooks Illustrated; they rated the 12 cup Kitchen Aid FP as their overall favorite. This $170 model beat out the Cuisinart Custom ($199) and the Viking ($300+).

Bookmark   December 10, 2010 at 9:07AM
sandy808

I purchased the Magimix food processor a few months ago from Williams Sonoma. It was a very pricey purchase and I had given much careful thought before spending the money. I figured WS has great customer service so if it proved not to my liking I could return it.

Well, this Magimix is absolutely awesome. It is the best food processor I have ever had. I had a Cuisinart prior to that, that I hated. The Cuisinart was a pain to put the blades on the attatchment post.....reminded me of trying to solve a puzzle. Therefore, it sat in a cupboard and was never used. The only Kitchenaid processor I had was a mini one, and it worked fine. Don't know about the full size ones. I've also had my share of the cheap ones over the years.

The Magimix parts just slip on and is simple to use, and very powerful. Love it.

Sandy

Bookmark   December 14, 2010 at 8:36PM
More Discussions
silicone baking mat aftertaste
i got silicone baking mats on overstock.com a couple...
ardcp
Best Non-Stick Cookware?
Saw a segment on this morning's news that says not...
jrb451
White film/Oxidation on Wusthof Handles
I recently bought a set of Wusthof Classic Ikon knives...
rmverb
New Viking Cookware
Has anyone tried the new Viking Cookware now being...
katespak
Mauviel m'150s and m'250c
I'm looking at some pans in these two lines -- I understand...
Gooster
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™