Gas Range Spec Comparison?

elizabaerNovember 15, 2013

Hi there,
I'm in the midst of a kitchen remodel and have found this forum really helpful as we are making appliance choices. Thanks to all for your inputs everywhere!

Is anyone aware of a website or other resource that has a simple feature-by-feature comparison of gas ranges by different manufacturers?

I'm set on a 36" gas freestanding range. Now I'm comparing things like 5 burners vs 6, front/back venting, burner BTUs, sealed vs open burners, convection or not (auto or optional), etc. Most things I can read from a spec sheet, but just wondering whether anyone has already pulled these and put them into a spreadsheet to save me the work? Price ranges would also be helpful, but I can always get these from my dealer once I've narrowed my list. I think I'm looking at brands like Bertazzoni, Bluestar, Wolf, GE Monogram, Thermador... Which I think fall in the "midrange" category, right?

Thanks for any ideas!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
SparklingWater

Yes, try AJMadison.com or Presser's, you can do up to 3 side by side comparisons if I recall correctly.

Yale's Appliances also has tons of great information and comparison comments on appliances. You have to go to their blog.

Good luck.

Bookmark   November 16, 2013 at 6:59PM
More Discussions
steam damage to cabinets from steam oven or warming drawer?
When we had a kitchenaid dishwasher, the hot moist...
houztongirl
Bosch Benchmark Policy....
I live in the FL Keys, and we have very few options...
cudjoegal
Increased price for high end appliances
Hi All, Sorry for the long post - I'm getting incredibly...
loveumms
Need Help Selecting Propane Cooktop
I am looking to replace an electric cooktop with a...
dandkmom
Appliance Budget -$15k. How to spend?
We have $15k in our appliance allowance. We need a...
dcnatfan
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™