Chefmate enamelled cast iron

lucykNovember 2, 2005

I just purchased a Chefmate oval enamelled (sp?) cast iron Dutch Oven from Target for $40. It sure does look like Le Crueset. Has anyone had any experience with the Chefmate?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindac

Nope....but i'll bet it's just fine!
I have given my daughter and DIL Le Cruset wannabe's and they are fine! And even if they are not quite as long wearing as Le Cruset.....for 40 bucks....how bad can it be? You'll love it!
Linda C

Bookmark   November 2, 2005 at 9:35PM
maggie5il

I have no cooking experience with the Chefmate, however, I was buzzing through Target the other day and there was a display on an end cap which I came to an abrupt halt to look at. It looked nice, felt nice and I think you made a good purchase!

Bookmark   November 3, 2005 at 10:16AM
gibby2015

I bought a chefmate chef's knife at Target about six years ago. We had just bought a lake cabin and I needed to stock it for cooking but couldn't afford to duplicate all the same stuff I have at home. I was surprised at how much I liked this knife - I'm still using it though I could have bought something else by now. It works great and has held up well.

Bookmark   November 10, 2005 at 11:00PM
brooksiefan

I like Chefmate stuff. I have that enameled cast iron pan too--it's a great bean pot. I also have the Chefmate cookware set with the copper bottom--cost me $70. Great stuff. Only complaint I have is that the lids aren't domed, so if you want to steam vegetables you have to use the big 4-1/2 quart pot. Other than that they're great. Take a licking and keep on ticking.

Bookmark   November 11, 2005 at 9:05PM
More Discussions
induction questions: heat distribution vs. pan size, moisture
I bought a single-burner induction hotplate to try...
meeotch
tea kettles
Hi - does anyone know of a whistling tea kettle that...
chilloway
Mauviel m'150s and m'250c
I'm looking at some pans in these two lines -- I understand...
Gooster
Need a double boiler for induction cooktop
I need a 3 piece set: the bottom pan (induction ready),...
creativ3girl
Club cast aluminum still made?
I am new to the list, so forgive me if this subject...
joan41
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™