Who sells enameled steel roasters?

awm03November 18, 2007

Just checked my turkey, and it's too big for my old enameled steel roaster. I need to buy a bigger roasting pan but don't want to pay extra for immediate shipping via an online purchase.

Does anybody know any stores that are carrying these on the shelves? Probably Ace Hardware, but does WalMart or Target have them?

These roasters make the best turkey. It's what my grandmother used, and it's what I've used for the last 26 years.

Thanks for your help!

Here is a link that might be useful: enameled steel roaster

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
joe_blowe

This time of year you'd have a hard time NOT bumping into an enameled steel roaster!

Yes, you'll find it at Target, WalMart, Macy's, Sears, KMart, grocery stores, et al...

Bookmark   November 18, 2007 at 9:18PM
awm03

I double-checked the Target site, and it says "not sold in store (web sales only)". That's why I'm asking if anybody has actually seen these on the shelf somewhere, and if so, what is the store. I'm looking for the large size roasting pan, either oval or rectangle shape.

Bookmark   November 19, 2007 at 8:18AM
ntt_hou

How large are you looking for? I've seen them at Walmart all the time.

Bookmark   November 20, 2007 at 12:08AM
awm03

The 19 inch pan. Or the 22 inch rectangular pan. Thanks, ntt_hou, I'll try Walmart.

Bookmark   November 20, 2007 at 8:08AM
cat_mom

We got ours in a local supermarket a few years ago (the covered oval one and an open rectangular one). I'm sure they were dirt cheap and worked fine for our purpose.

Bookmark   December 5, 2007 at 9:25PM
awm03

Our local supermarket is selling uncovered oval roasters. Our local Kohl's had the big covered rectangular ones last year, but not this year.

I couldn't get to Wal-mart (shopping is far away here, and I work full time too), so ended up paying inflated shipping price for in-time-for-Thanksgiving arrival. Oh well. The turkey came out fabulous as always!

I've never used the roaster for anything but poultry, come to think of it. Does anybody know if it does a decent job braising? How about roast beef?

Bookmark   December 6, 2007 at 5:36PM
More Discussions
tin lined copper saute pan
I bought a large saute pan at a flea market a while...
selfsown
Best cookware for induction?
After LIVING on the kitchen site for the last few months,...
dccnm
which cookware to choose?
hi. i just joined the forum today. we're a newly wedded...
doduhdew
silicone baking mat aftertaste
i got silicone baking mats on overstock.com a couple...
ardcp
tea kettles
Hi - does anyone know of a whistling tea kettle that...
chilloway
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™