Nostalgic and want to use grandma's old Westinghouse Roaster

leibrookNovember 16, 2007

I posted under cooking, but maybe this is the better site. I am feeling very nostalgic about use my husband's grandmother's old Westinghouse Roaster, proboably from the 1950's. I believe it would cook the turkey very moist, but would it be pretty as well. If anyone else uses such a roaster for their turkey, please let me know. I am having company and I would like to serve them a great meal as well as have good use of the grandmother's old roaster.

What do you think. Any ideas, suggestions, etc. most appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
earthlydelights

i used a roaster up until a few years ago when it finally died on me. it was like having an extra oven.

i replaced it with a new one, but haven't even taken it out of the box except to look at it up close and personal. it's certainly not the product of days gone by - solid and heavy and built to last, but really, what is these days? i did save the inside (agate) pan though.

i never did a turkey, although it's large enough, but i used to do several nice sized chicken in it at one time.

happy thanksgiving, sure hope it goes well.

maryanne

Bookmark   November 17, 2007 at 9:08PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
leibrook

Thanks, Maryanne, I am going to do it, use grandma's old roaster. I agree the newer models just don't live up to the wonderful old roasters. Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!!

Bookmark   November 19, 2007 at 2:09AM
More Discussions
Best stockpot recommendations?
I've been slowly upgrading my cookware (Demeyere, Le...
Gooster
Help with a Farberware MicroBrew
I need some help figuring out how to use a Farberware...
ritaotay
Any information on Evaco/Cast?
Just saw this in a kitchen store...latest non-stick...
rogerv_gw
Wagners 1891 Dutch Oven
I have a couple of questions about a 5 qt Wagners 1891...
jpc57
Best Non-Stick Cookware?
Saw a segment on this morning's news that says not...
jrb451
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™