urleeDecember 8, 2011

The future of?

In big trouble.

Here is a link that might be useful: The future of

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
owbist

Looks like the page has been removed???

Frome the link Urlee provided
Whoops! The page you're looking for is missing. I blame ghost bears, but you might have typed the wrong URL or found a dead link. Perhaps the page you're looking for is in this list?

Bookmark   December 8, 2011 at 6:21AM
owbist

Perhaps this is the news that Urlee refers to, it suggests Chrome has overtaken Firefox in market share.

Bookmark   December 8, 2011 at 6:30AM
DA_Mccoy

If this is indeed true then it is obvious that it is all about money. The tentacles of Google contimue to spread as it evolves from a search engine to a multi-service entity.

I do have thoughts as to how much of our data Google retains for its commercial use via spying and tracking.

DA

Bookmark   December 8, 2011 at 9:31AM
sue_va

Urlle's link worked for me.

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Urlle's link

Bookmark   December 8, 2011 at 11:16AM
owbist

Thanks Sue, it works for me now as well

Bookmark   December 8, 2011 at 1:43PM
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

where firefox lost many many users was when they started having a new updated version almost weekly and many did not work properly. People got tired of trying them only to find it broke stuff. I am very disappointed with firefox for handling things the way they did. they had a great thing going and just had to mess with it.
I have not tried Chrome since way back when it first came out and I did not like it at all then, but I would be willing to give it a try.
I do not use the mobile firefox on any of my andorid devices it is not real stable. I use Opera mini and Dolphin along with webkit which is default on my HTC.

Bookmark   December 8, 2011 at 1:51PM
urlee

Thanks Sue.
Don't know what happened with mine?

Bookmark   December 8, 2011 at 2:10PM
kudzu9

Interesting article. I'm still a Firefox fan and have not been able to warm up to Chrome even though I like and use other Google products. I think Firefox will persist since it is an open source product with a dedicated band of developer and code writers, and the Mozilla organization is a non-profit. That doesn't mean, of course, that they don't need a revenue stream, but they are driven by a philosophy different from Google's. While things can change quickly in the Internet world, I'm betting that Firefox has still got plenty of steam.

Bookmark   December 8, 2011 at 5:41PM
vnw232

I use at least two browsers. Some sites don't work well with one so I have to switch to the other.

Bookmark   December 8, 2011 at 8:12PM
kudzu9

I'm not averse to using Chrome, but they don't seem to have as many quality, bug-free add-ons as Firefox. For example, I like to change the enlargement of pages that have uncomfortably small fonts. Firefox has an add-on (NoSquint) that lets you control this precisely and set it just once. Chrome only has something like this in test for Beta Users; otherwise you have to make an enlargement each time you re-visit a page. When Chrome catches up to Firefox in features, I'll reconsider.

Bookmark   December 8, 2011 at 9:09PM
daylilydayzed

I use the Sea monkey browser, it is a Mozilla product also and I also have Firefox . I used Firefox when my profile on Sea Monkey got corrupted recently. But I created a new profile in Sea Monkey and deleted the corrupted one so Firefox is now back in the Rarely Used Folder.

Bookmark   December 8, 2011 at 10:48PM
DA_Mccoy

I wouldn't ever take an "it won't happen position". Remember Netscape?

DA

Bookmark   December 9, 2011 at 7:46AM
kudzu9

damccoy-
You're right that anything can happen. In fact, Firefox arose out of the ashes of Netscape, which was a good thing. On the other hand, don't ask me how well my AOL stock did!

Bookmark   December 9, 2011 at 2:37PM
More Discussions
Why won't iTunes let me sync audiobooks?
I have many audiobooks in iTunes and in my iPod. I...
caroline94535
What a mess!
My user name on this forum is/was Tosh has been for...
Tosh
About those Garden Web Styles themes and skins for Firefox
I see they are authored by GW members. Thank you everyone....
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
Win 8 network settings
I need to export my network settings to a flash drive...
carolssis
Helping a elderly friend with their computer remotely
She is in her 90's, lives alone and needs help with...
jane__ny
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™