Who has heard of this brand?

nickieNovember 3, 2006

I am trying this for the second time. Man I have to get better on the computer. Okay I am trying to find more cast iron enamelware by this company. The label says Seigwer, Star(k?)(more letters?)& Seiger. The lettering is all in a circle around a large S that is topped by a small five pointed star. I know it is older and possibly German(?). For a description of the roaster that I bought see "Other brands of enameled cast iron". I have two almost identical postings there. The second was my first attempt to post a message. I live in Canada and am hoping to find more closer to home but if I can't oh well.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
daisymay

I'm sorry I can't help you here, but I'm wondering if I may ask what is enameled cast iron and the benefits of using it? Thanks.

Bookmark   November 16, 2006 at 9:55AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nickie

Thanks for responding daisymay. Enameled cast iron is usually high quality cast iron that has been lined with a baked on ceramic enamel coating. The benefits of it is that it is usually lighter then regular cast iron ware. It is easier to clean and most of the time it is easier to use. It also radiates the heat back toward the food and cooks it faster. Thanks nickie

Bookmark   December 1, 2006 at 10:04PM
More Discussions
Wagners 1891 Dutch Oven
I have a couple of questions about a 5 qt Wagners 1891...
jpc57
Mauviel m'150s and m'250c
I'm looking at some pans in these two lines -- I understand...
Gooster
Best stockpot recommendations?
I've been slowly upgrading my cookware (Demeyere, Le...
Gooster
Favorite tea kettle for induction?
Waiting patiently for my induction cooktop to be installed....
txjoyce
induction stove power boost function
Have a set of Zwilling cookware and their brochure...
metaphilos
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™