Henckeles International at Costco

mrjonesNovember 3, 2007

Costco has a 10-piece set of Henckels Internatinal "Couteau" series knives. The box says the knives are forged in Spain. The set is around $180 (I think). Had been considering Wusthof Classic, but this price is so much better. Any insights on either?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fairegold

Here are some threads on Henckels in general. Maybe there is some info there.

It does sound like a very nice set. I tried to find it online at Costco.com, but they show a different set.

Here is a link that might be useful: search on

Bookmark   November 3, 2007 at 3:35PM
hald

Years ago I was given a set of Henckels. A couple years ago I bought a cleaver and another Henckels knife to match the set I had. The new ones were made in Spain; the old ones were German. No apparent difference in quality so far. Mine have black wood handles with metal rivets. They never go in the dishwasher. I sharpen them with a small electric oil stone sharpener I got at a yard sale years ago. They keep their sharpness well, needing attention maybe once a year depending on use.

Bookmark   November 4, 2007 at 7:07PM
kitchendetective

If you access Knifeforums.com there will be plenty of posters who can give you detailed info. on the Henckels comparisons. Ages ago, I read that the International was a lesser quality Henckels than the ones upon which the reputation is based, but you can find out there if that is still the case.

Bookmark   November 7, 2007 at 11:01AM
More Discussions
Club cast aluminum still made?
I am new to the list, so forgive me if this subject...
joan41
Need advice on a soup pot
hi, I haven't bought cookware in years, so don't know...
ellenr22 - NJ - Zone 6b/7a
tea kettles
Hi - does anyone know of a whistling tea kettle that...
chilloway
Mauviel m'150s and m'250c
I'm looking at some pans in these two lines -- I understand...
Gooster
Is there lead in this antique brass pitcher?
Hello, I have a fondness for antique metal cookware...
bradleyd_svh
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™