Santa needs to know WHICH saute pan?

rosieNovember 21, 2006

Someone on my list has let me know a good-quality, moderately but not astronomically expensive, 3-quart saute pan, nonstick, with a glass lid would be very welcome. Does anyone know which one she might be thinking of?

I did see a Calphalon one on line for a good price, the Everyday, but the diameter listed is smaller than my All-Clad one even though they're both listed as 3-quart, so I'm wondering if it really has the same capacity. My All-Clad is a great size but I wouldn't want it smaller.

Thanks for any direction you can point me.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
suzyq3

Hard to know about the capacity w/o having the two pans in front of you, but it may just be that the one with the smaller diameter is slightly deeper.

Bookmark   November 21, 2006 at 6:36PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gardenlad

Lots of factors go into capacity in addition to diameter, among them: configuration of the sidewalls , height, whether or not the top and bottom diameters are the same, and whether or not "3-quarts" is three quarts or a conversion from a metric figure.

The only sure way to know is to fill the pan with water, then measure it. But, of course, you can't do that without first buying it. :>)

If everything else about the Calphalon seems right, then I'd go for it. Whoever you're gifting with it can always exchange it if it isn't exactly what they're looking for.

Bookmark   November 22, 2006 at 10:29AM
More Discussions
Help with a Farberware MicroBrew
I need some help figuring out how to use a Farberware...
ritaotay
Kitchen Selective food slicer
Would anyone know of source for parts for Kitchen Selective...
debby_1
Best cookware for induction?
After LIVING on the kitchen site for the last few months,...
dccnm
Stainless Cookware cleaning - again... :
Hi all, IÂve read a lot of posts on how to clean stainless...
wazatron
Best Non-Stick Cookware?
Saw a segment on this morning's news that says not...
jrb451
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™