Deemeyere cookware scratching

broodiztNovember 29, 2009

Hi all,

I have a question about Demeyere cookware. I just got a new GE Profile induction cooktop and I needed new cookware so I got a few pieces of Demeyere. It is scratching like crazy, even though I am babying the heck out of it. It is such expensive cookware, and I am trying to keep it scratch free, but nothing I do seems to stop the scratching. I am using the Demeyere cleaner, even though I am worried about the cleaner being somewhat toxic to people. (Does anyone know anything about this? I do rinse it like crazy, but if it is toxic I will stop using it immediately). I only use a soft sponge to clean it and it doesn't always get the stuck on food off so I boil it in water and vinegar. Sometimes I leave it in hot water over night, but a soft sponge still doesn't always get all the small particles of foodstuff off of it. I some times use the back of the blue scrubby sponge but not the green, but no steel wool. Dry it immediately. The only thing I can think of is I do use metal utensils on the cookware. Are you not supposed to use metal on stainless steel? Why is it scratching? Isn't it supposed to be scratch resistant? For about $200 a piece, isn't this stuff supposed to be easy to keep looking nice and clean and scratch free? You don't use teflon utensils on it, do you? I am so frustrated. Is it only me? I have read all the topics on this subject here but haven't really found an answer. Thanks in advance for any info on the above. Shellie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
leel

Whoa, Nellie. That's cookware you've got there--pots and pans. Theyare going to look like you've been using them and if they don't, you're not. It's like a new car: the first dig is awful, after that you relax.

Bookmark   November 29, 2009 at 8:59PM
More Discussions
Kitchenaid Stand Mixer
I have read threads in here from people who love their...
catt11
pie crust in a Breville all in one food processor
Can a pie crust be made in a Breville all in one food...
Sue Molitor
which cookware to choose?
hi. i just joined the forum today. we're a newly wedded...
doduhdew
Pasta rolling pin aka mattarello
I'm planning on purchasing a mattarello or pasta rolling...
miscel
White film/Oxidation on Wusthof Handles
I recently bought a set of Wusthof Classic Ikon knives...
rmverb
Sponsored Products
Piano Serving Set by Iittala
$125.00 | Lumens
Oval Antique Copper Chafing Dish
Overstock.com
T-Fal OT274E51 Stainless Steel Oven with Rotisserie
Overstock.com
Kalco Lighting Contemporary Satin Nickel Two-Light Pot Rack
$376.20 | LuxeDecor
Antique Expedition Steamers - Set of Three
$23.99 | zulily