Staub arrived chipped and dinged

maggie2094November 9, 2005

Waaaaaa! This is my first piece of enamal coated cast iron cookware. I was so excited....but it arrived (QVC) with the enamal chipped (showing cast iron underneath) and lots of dings.

Does this type - either Staub or LC - chip easily? It seems people have these pieces for generations and I was surprised.

I am sending it back and trying for another one! Anyone experience this?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
canvir

I have a Staub from QVC and have had no problem with it.

Try again!!

Bookmark   November 9, 2005 at 2:34PM
triciae

I got the TSV from QVC a couple months back...a Staub 2 qt round and it's a very nice pot although I think, for its size, thinner than LC. I suspect QVC and Staub are making a line just for QVC that is not the same quality than you would get if you purchased Staub's regular line...just my suspicion. Sorta like Home Depot and Wal-mart... I have this feeling 'cause the QVC hosts are always saying, "And you can't get this anywhere else because its made especially for QVC." Considering what I paid for the Staub, I'm pleased with my purchase. Sure wish QVC was selling that chicken Coq au Vin pot!

Bookmark   November 9, 2005 at 2:52PM
Stormbrewing

I feel your pain, Maggie. I don't own anything from Staub (yet), but have been eyeing it on QVC for a few weeks. When I ordered my first piece of Le Creuset from Amazon, it arrived with pits and a bump in the cast iron. Since that incident, I have been reluctant to buy without seeing first. I now have 2 pieces which I bought in person, and really love them. They seem durable, but I do worry about chipping. (Whenever I see Emeril bang his spoon on the side of one, I cringe.) In any event, I think that QVC is good about returns and will refund your shipping costs since the product was defective.

Bookmark   November 9, 2005 at 3:52PM
maggie2094

I'm trying again - QVC is sending UPS to pick it up - It could take up to 17 days before I get a new one...argghh.
I good portion of handle is chipped off and it didn't happen in shipping since there were no little pieces in the box - wonder how they let that one slip by quality control?

Bookmark   November 9, 2005 at 4:37PM
More Discussions
Kitchen Selective food slicer
Would anyone know of source for parts for Kitchen Selective...
debby_1
stainless flatware
does anyone have reed and barton allora flatware? i...
JoPierson
New Viking Cookware
Has anyone tried the new Viking Cookware now being...
katespak
Is there lead in this antique brass pitcher?
Hello, I have a fondness for antique metal cookware...
bradleyd_svh
induction questions: heat distribution vs. pan size, moisture
I bought a single-burner induction hotplate to try...
meeotch
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™