deep fryer - how to avoid food from sticking

snow23November 13, 2005

Hello,

I finally got my deep fryer out of the box last night (been sitting there for years!). I deep fried some onion rings with a beer based batter ... All my rings stuck to each other the second I removed my frying basket from the fryer ... I fried approx a dz rings at a time. I must obviously have done something wrong. I always fry the old fashioned way & never experienced this kind of a mess. Is there a trick I should know of to avoid food from sticking to the basket like that (oil type, fying technique, batter recipe) ...If not, I will put that thing in the garbage - (Toastess, cool touch, lid with filter system).

Appreciate your input - thx!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pratzert

I have the very same problem when I use a Loose/wet batter on whatever food I'm frying.
I have tried lowering the food one by one very slowly into the oil, hoping that it would firm up bit. But the batter always seems to drip a little and wrap around the basket grates and makes it impossoble to remove the food without tearing it apart and making a mess.
It's so bad, I've taken to using a plain old pot when deep frying foods with a batter coating.

Tim

Bookmark   November 14, 2005 at 9:57AM
More Discussions
induction stove power boost function
Have a set of Zwilling cookware and their brochure...
metaphilos
tea kettles
Hi - does anyone know of a whistling tea kettle that...
chilloway
Favorite tea kettle for induction?
Waiting patiently for my induction cooktop to be installed....
txjoyce
stainless flatware
does anyone have reed and barton allora flatware? i...
JoPierson
Wagners 1891 Dutch Oven
I have a couple of questions about a 5 qt Wagners 1891...
jpc57
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™