Miele SensorWash?

applnutNovember 14, 2013

We've had our Miele Diamond dishwashers since May and are loving them. They work great. I do have a question. We've used mostly the "normal" mode, with occasional forays into express, saniwash, crystal and pots and pans ... But I was wondering when it was best to use the SensorWash setting. I know what it does but I wondered if anyone with experience can say if it's better or worse at providing reliably clean dishes than the normal cycle.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
deeageaux

I use it as my every day cycle.

I don't think it provides more reliably clean dishes than normal but generally uses less water/electricity.

I made chow mein last night. A little piece of noodle was left dried on one dish. That never happened before on normal when I first got my La Perla II. But maybe the sample size is not adequate :) to say one way or another.

Bookmark   November 14, 2013 at 4:52PM
SparklingWater

I've been playing around with our Miele since August and have yet to try the Sensor Wash. I mainly use Crystal or Express (even with pans).

If it uses less water and electricity, I'm definitely going to try it. Our water price here near the Chesapeake Bay includes surcharges for it's protection. Plus, sewage charges have now added surcharges for over a certain amount of water usage.

Thanks for bringing this up. I adore our Miele Diamond.

Bookmark   November 14, 2013 at 5:29PM
applnut

I did start using SensorWash as my everyday cycle, vs normal, and have been very pleased with the results. Very, very few problems (like, one thing out of every 15-20 loads) with items needing to be re-washed and a more variable run time that sometimes finishes significantly sooner than the "normal" cycle did.

Bookmark   April 3, 2014 at 11:05AM
nycbluedevil

Great to know, applnut. I have a Diamond too and have never ventured into SensorWash land, preferring normal, pots and pans and express. Maybe I will try it! Thanks.

Bookmark   April 3, 2014 at 12:46PM
More Discussions
HELP PLEASE New Dacor range to replace old DCS (Fisher Paykel) range?
We moved into a house that has a 9 year old DCS by...
princesspronoid
New KitchenAid launch in April 2015
Hi, everyone. Sorry if this has already been discussed....
kiwigem
36" Blue star range- tight on space and can't decide on one electric o
Doing a kitchen renovation and have space for a 36"...
nismo99
Questions on Bosch and Wolf induction - min. pan sizes
Hi, I have been reading posts on this forum for quite...
houztongirl
New Bertazzoni Induction Range?
I just saw a press release from Bertazzoni about a...
ltislander
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™