Roasting Pan

paddy_99November 17, 2008

Does anyone have a Precise Heat stainless steel roasting pan? I had never heard of the brand but found one on the internet and was curious about their quality.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
shannonplus2

I hadn't heard of it either, so I looked on Amazon for reviews. Although Amazon sells the Precise Heat roasting pans, they don't have reviews for those particular pans. So I did a search on Amazon for "Precise Heat" and found that all the Precise Heat pans reviewed on Amazon have very good reviews. Also I noticed that Amazon has a Precise Heat roasting pan for $50, and a different model Precise Heat roasting pan for $128. Just make sure you get the one you want! Hope that helps.

Having said that, I just want to add that there are a couple of schools of thought about roasting pans, particularly for the Thanksgiving turkey. I think most people agree that it's best not to have non-stick cause you'll get better gravy when it's NOT non-stick. So Stainless is the way to go. However, stainless can be hard to clean. Also, shiny pans do not darken and crisp skin the way dark pans do. When I was looking for a roasting pan, I got a recommendation on this forum to get one of the Calpahons that are NOT non-stick. They are dark, AND easy to clean, and can be used on top of the stove without warping. Calphalon makes two (they make a bunch of other roasters that are non-stick that I do not recommend). The expensive one is the Calphalon One #DR6816P for $150. I bought the cheaper Calphalon Classic #GR1805P for $60. I have been very happy with it. I think the differences between the two is the that the less expensive one doesn't have as thick handles, and is a little lighter-weight. Nevertheless it's good to 700 degrees, so it's pretty sturdy. My turkey was great last year, and I am looking forward to using the Calphalon Classic Roaster again this year.

Bookmark   November 17, 2008 at 4:31PM
More Discussions
silicone baking mat aftertaste
i got silicone baking mats on overstock.com a couple...
ardcp
Help with a Farberware MicroBrew
I need some help figuring out how to use a Farberware...
ritaotay
Kitchenaid Stand Mixer
I have read threads in here from people who love their...
catt11
Need advice on a soup pot
hi, I haven't bought cookware in years, so don't know...
ellenr22 - NJ - Zone 6b/7a
Pasta rolling pin aka mattarello
I'm planning on purchasing a mattarello or pasta rolling...
miscel
Sponsored Products
60" x 60" Stone shower base Pure Black Granite - CHICAGO SHADOW
Living'ROC
Farberware Roaster with Flat Rack
Overstock.com
Tile Redi Shower Bases Redi Base 40 in. D x 60 in. W. Barrier Free Shower Base
Home Depot
Ramon Soler by Nameeks US-4966 Single Handle Pull Down Kitchen Faucet - US-4966
Hayneedle
Farberware Cilantro Sand Flatware - Set of 20 - 263920FBB12DS
$26.48 | Hayneedle