Pretty decent deal on A-C 4 qt pot at Williams-Sonoma

cat_momNovember 8, 2008

I will cross post this in kitchens as well.

I'd taken a free techniques class at a local W-S recently, and saw the 4 qt soup pot with lid on display (and later, in one of their catalogs). It seemed like a good size/pot to have in my "arsenal" so I decided to check around for the best pricing; Amazon.com, Fortunoff's (had a 20%) coupon, Chef Central (another coupon)....

There was no listing for a 4 qt soup pot on any of the above-named locations, nor was that pot listed on the A-C site. The closest thing I could find, was a 4 qt casserole pot (also with lid), which looked to be pretty much the same size/pot. I got the dimensions of the casserole pot off a couple web sites, and then contacted W-S to confirm their A-C's soup pot's dimensions, and they were identical. The clincher, was the sku or model # on the soup pot box (5304), which is also the # for the 4 qt casserole.

Why go to all that trouble, when I could have clearly purchased the same exact pot (with a different "name") at a number of other places? Price! The 4 qt casserole is selling for ~$185 everywhere. Even with a 20% off coupon, the price would be $148. The price of the pot at W-S is $134.95 ($14 less than the coupon price at other stores), AND, you get the A-C large ladle with the pot (retails for $25 at W-S, ~$22 on Amazon)!

Now, I realize that this isn't quite the bargain one might find at a HomeGoods, or TJ Maxx for example, but it still seemed like a good deal for those who want the pot (like me), but don't want wait for it to possibly show up at discount stores or outlets.

More Discussions
induction stove power boost function
Have a set of Zwilling cookware and their brochure...
metaphilos
Mauviel m'150s and m'250c
I'm looking at some pans in these two lines -- I understand...
Gooster
New Viking Cookware
Has anyone tried the new Viking Cookware now being...
katespak
pie crust in a Breville all in one food processor
Can a pie crust be made in a Breville all in one food...
Sue Molitor
Pasta rolling pin aka mattarello
I'm planning on purchasing a mattarello or pasta rolling...
miscel
Sponsored Products
Ambella Home Collection - 60" Top - Pecan Crown with Walnut Border...
Great Furniture Deal
Stainless Steel Shower Head
TheBathOutlet
Contemporary Chrome Cylinder Pendant Light
Euro Style Lighting
Oakville Travertine Table Lamp
Lamps Plus
Christopher Knight Home Crystal 4-light Chrome Chandelier Flush Mount
Overstock.com
Kingston Brass Fauceture VPB1368 Imperial Basin Console - White - VPB1368
$495.00 | Hayneedle
Soho Winter Gold Six-Light Lantern Pendant