Trouble with Brown Bag Cookie mold

robynpaNovember 10, 2010

I just bought a Brown Bag Cookie Mold and tried 2 of the recipes that came with the mold. I don't like either recipe and then tried a recipe that I use often and that everyone loves.

The recipe I use all the time I have always baked in a glass dish and it come out just fine. When I tried it in the cookie mold it did not cook in the middle and did not release from the pan.

How can I change this recipe to make it work in the cookie mold.

1 cup flour

1 cup butter

1/2 cup brown sugar

1.5 cups chopped pecans

Baked 40 min in a 300 degree oven.

Should I turn the oven up, cook longer, try to unmold the cookie before I bake it? I love this recipe and would love to get the lovely pattern from the mold onto the cookies. Esp since the mold was $40!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
alexrander

Hmm, you know, I inherited some brown bag cookie molds from my sister, but never tried using them. And I made cookies just before reading this post!

Your recipe looks fine.. I guess I would try to raise the temp to 350 degrees and shorten the cooking time.

Perhaps the molds need to be used some to 'season' themselves so that the cookie releases. I would be tempted to try wiping the mold with oil/butter to see if that helped as well. I'm surprised it did not cook in the middle.

Bookmark   November 16, 2010 at 1:10AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
alexrander

I read the instructions to the cookie mold. It says to lightly oil the mold, and then dust it with flour, then after filling with dough, tap it on it's side against a wood cutting board to release it, then bake the cooking on a baking sheet.

Bookmark   November 17, 2010 at 9:33PM
More Discussions
Best stockpot recommendations?
I've been slowly upgrading my cookware (Demeyere, Le...
Gooster
Wagners 1891 Dutch Oven
I have a couple of questions about a 5 qt Wagners 1891...
jpc57
Any information on Evaco/Cast?
Just saw this in a kitchen store...latest non-stick...
rogerv_gw
Help with Induction Cookware
I just bought a Samsung Induction cooktop, and I need...
element_z
Recommendation for pans for high heat cooking
I like "high heat" cooking, not the kind...
azmom
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™