Nesco Roaster Buffet Accessory?

cj47_gwNovember 17, 2009

I'm contemplating getting the buffet accessory for my 18 Qt Nesco. Does anyone have one of these and does it work pretty well? Do you have to have the insert in it for the pans to fit? I was thinking of roasting the Thanksgiving turkey in it, then removing the roasting pan to make gravy and slice turkey, then returning the contents to the buffet set to keep warm till the guests were ready to eat. I read online that this works by putting water in the roasting pan. It'd be harder to make it work as I envision if I had to wash the roasting pan and get it back into the base in order to use the buffet set. :-)

Thanks,

Cj

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cj47_gw

Well, nobody responded but I went out and bought one. Used it yesterday and it works wonderfully! We sliced only half of a 20 lb turkey and it hardly even filled it at all, used one well for dark meat, one for light meat, and one for lets/wings and schnibbles. This is great for keeping the meat hot and not drying it out. I refilled the platter from it later. If anyone is looking at these, I recommend them highly.
Happy Holidays, everyone!
Cj

Bookmark   November 27, 2009 at 10:58PM
More Discussions
Is there lead in this antique brass pitcher?
Hello, I have a fondness for antique metal cookware...
bradleyd_svh
Kitchenaid Stand Mixer Food Grinder
My hubs gave me the meat/food grinder attachment for...
mimijacobs
Favorite tea kettle for induction?
Waiting patiently for my induction cooktop to be installed....
txjoyce
Best Non-Stick Cookware?
Saw a segment on this morning's news that says not...
jrb451
New Viking Cookware
Has anyone tried the new Viking Cookware now being...
katespak
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™