viking stove cooling fan

dede5November 17, 2011

I have a new Viking Stove designer series - 30" freestanding gas range The cooling fan run for 2hrs after oven is turned off - I used oven for 10 minutes at 400degrees. Repair came here to change switch and then again to move switch and changed fan. The last 1/2hr cool air blows. Now Viking is saying 2hrs to cool is normal for the 10 minutes at 400 - any feedback is greatly needed. Also the fan is louder than my dishwasher. Stove is under warrantee

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Caddidaddy55

You should have done due dillagence before you bought a Viking. Type problems with Viking range in your internet browser window, you will have enough reading to keep you busy thru the winter. Sorry :

Bookmark   November 17, 2011 at 4:00PM
cassity

You don't want to be relocating the thermal switch (senses temperature and tells the fan to cool). That's in a specific location for a reason--the designers put it there to assure the fan runs long enough to cool the unit.

Just because the air feels cool doesn't mean all the internals of the unit are cool.

Not much you can do about the fan noise--goes hand in hand with appliances that rely on them to keep components cool.

Bookmark   November 17, 2011 at 4:10PM
dede5

I am looking for any info on the designer series 30"gas model - how long to cool. There is no other info I could find on any sites re the the length of time for the cooling fan to run. This is my third Viking - never had a problem with other two which were the standard model freestanding - no cooling fan. My due diligence research for this model did not show any problem with the cooling thanks info is really appreciated

Bookmark   November 17, 2011 at 5:03PM
alfizti

Hello Dede5,
i also own a 30" viking designer gas range. purchased a year ago. I am having the same fan issue like yours, that the cooling fan continue to work for almost 2 hours. Called repaired but they said it is normal...which I dont really believe because 2 hours of cooling is excessive! I also have a 30" designer electric wall oven and it cools off much faster in a reasonable time. Do you ever find out what the problem is with this range? Any feedback is much appreciated.

thank you!

Alfizti

Bookmark   July 9, 2012 at 6:36PM
alfizti

Hello Dede5,
i also own a 30" viking designer gas range. purchased a year ago. I am having the same fan issue like yours, that the cooling fan continue to work for almost 2 hours. Called repaired but they said it is normal...which I dont really believe because 2 hours of cooling is excessive! I also have a 30" designer electric wall oven and it cools off much faster in a reasonable time. Do you ever find out what the problem is with this range? Any feedback is much appreciated.

thank you!

Alfizti

Bookmark   July 9, 2012 at 9:02PM
More Discussions
Bluestar Precious Metals - Infused copper
Greetings, I am getting ready to order a 36" 6...
pitcom
Zephyr Hurricane vs Broan QP430SS
Hi everyone, I'm hoping to get some advice or stories...
brewcat
How do you get deals on high-end appliances?
I'm pretty certain that I know what I want for my appliances....
carecooks
gas oven ignitor help
I recently picked up a great amana self clean gas oven,...
billhiggs
Anybody seen/used the new Bosch Benchmark appliances?
I think they are shipping these now. I have largely...
Juno_barks
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™