What you think of a flow of this house plan?

kassikoloOctober 23, 2012

we found this house plan and we love the bedrooms locations(so we can be close to our kids, but not wall to wall. The area i am not sure about is the living/kitchen area...What do you all think of this house plan. i will post the elevation below

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kassikolo

Here is elevation

Bookmark   October 23, 2012 at 5:33PM
gaonmymind

I think there should be a wall between the living and family rooms. It just seems like too much open space. Do you need a living room? It might be better to find a plan that has that space separated as a den or study. Also the master wall is touching a public room. I would not like that at all for obvious reasons of noise and privacy.

Other than that I like it. For the facade it feels a tad busy with all the gables. And the brick stone mix is making it participatory busy. So bottom line its an OK plan, but I am not excited about it.

Bookmark   October 23, 2012 at 6:11PM
Naf_Naf

Kassi,
It has possibilities.
You have room to make the kitchen bigger.
RE Elevation:
I'd get rid of those nonsense wing/arches at each end and also that dramatic fireplace up front and the cupula.
In other words, clean up the elevation a bit to lower cost. Righ now is just too much drama.

Bookmark   October 23, 2012 at 6:20PM
sweet.reverie

I like the overall layout but the kitchen is too small for the size of the house. I agree this elevation is going to be quite pricey. I would try to square the house out a bit to cut down on cost.

Bookmark   October 23, 2012 at 6:32PM
mtnrdredux_gw

I am not aware if budget is a concern, but if it is, the front elevation decorative items will be quite costly.

It's a little over the top for my taste, you haven't said if you like it?

As for the layout, I agree with the above poster. It looks like a third of the house is one room, DR, LR, K. For such a formal facade, it is a very informal layout.

Bookmark   October 23, 2012 at 7:02PM
kassikolo

Thanks for the ideas on the outside, yes this is definitely an area for us to save a bit.
So here is what i am thinking on layout..switch study with entry and angle an entry a little bit so when you walk in you see a fireplace. Move kitchen up a bit and create a nook area..and separate dining/kitchen from living with an open arc..Do you think that will give room a good separation???i also want to do different ceiling in in kitchen/dinning area to give it more separation

Bookmark   October 23, 2012 at 8:06PM
More Discussions
The movers are scheduled, now what to do?
We called our movers and they will be here on the 16th....
aimless07
Would you trust a builder to create a blueprint from your own sketch?
We have heard of people building custom without using...
liv2tell
door heights
Hi, We have a mixture of 9' ceilings and cathedral...
muffn
Master Bath revisions
Which revision do you like better? There can only be...
edwardshome
help, is main gable too flat/not enough dimension?
last chance to change it. Will this front elevation...
msmith110705
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™