Salt and pepper stoppers

capecodderNovember 3, 2006

Does anyone know where I can purchase salt and pepper stoppers? I have lots of old sets missing their stoppers and haven't seen any anywhere. Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Hi capecodder

I'm not sure were you are from but the best place to get salt and pepper stoppers is your local hardware store like Home Hardware(Canadian company). They are not very expensive either. You can also try second-hand or thrift stores. Just buy several of the ugliest sets that you don't want keep, take out the stoppers and throw out the shakers. You can also use the unwanted shakers in with your indoor plants as decorations. That is what my grandmother use to do.

    Bookmark   November 3, 2006 at 4:38PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Try the Dollar Stores to buy S&P's to get the stoppers out of.
Kathy G in MI

    Bookmark   November 5, 2006 at 8:49PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

The stoppers I know are cork....and I believe you can still buy corks...

Here is a link that might be useful: cork stoppers

    Bookmark   November 6, 2006 at 11:07PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Craft stores sell corks: look in the Kid's crafts section

    Bookmark   November 15, 2006 at 5:33PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Need advice on a soup pot
hi, I haven't bought cookware in years, so don't know...
White film/Oxidation on Wusthof Handles
I recently bought a set of Wusthof Classic Ikon knives...
Mauviel m'150s and m'250c
I'm looking at some pans in these two lines -- I understand...
induction questions: heat distribution vs. pan size, moisture
I bought a single-burner induction hotplate to try...
Nu Wave Oven
Has anyone bought this? Is it worth the cost? It is...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™