cookware for college student?

majax79November 7, 2006

I've been doing research this evening on what type of cookware will work best for my glass stove top. I have decided on stainless steel(purely for the shine aspect, lol) and no nonstick cookware. I might buy a pan for eggs but that's it. I'm completely lost as to which brand to get. I don't want to spend more than $200 because I'm a college student and money is tight. I'm looking for a set.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
majax79

Update: I did want to state a very important point, I love cooking hamburgers in a pan so I'm slightly worried that any other pan besides non-stick will make my burger fall apart. They're the frozen pre-made burgers.

Bookmark   November 7, 2006 at 3:58AM
krustytopp

I don't know about frozen burgers, but patties made with fresh ground beef cook very nicely in a cast-iron pan.

Bookmark   November 7, 2006 at 6:23PM
lindac

Unless you will be cooking a lot of stuff....I see no reason for you to need more than a small non stick fry pan...about the size for 2 burgers or a 3 egg omelette, a sauce pan of about 2 quarts....works for veggies potatoes, heating soup and even a small amount of pasta. Then you need a roasting pan of a Dutch oven a baking pan and perhaps a pizza pan and a cookie sheet...
Why do you need a $200 set of cookware? Best use that money for books.
Linda C

Bookmark   November 8, 2006 at 12:03AM
More Discussions
Pasta rolling pin aka mattarello
I'm planning on purchasing a mattarello or pasta rolling...
miscel
Mauviel m'150s and m'250c
I'm looking at some pans in these two lines -- I understand...
Gooster
best (semi-pro) brand pots and pans for induction
hello we are renovating our kitchen and now it will...
robantwerp
Nu Wave Oven
Has anyone bought this? Is it worth the cost? It is...
marie26
Wagners 1891 Dutch Oven
I have a couple of questions about a 5 qt Wagners 1891...
jpc57
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™