Best tart pan for a custard-type pie?

home_nwNovember 5, 2012

This is new to me, so I have lots of questions. All I know is that I like the ones with the fluted edges. :-)

- Which is your favorite brand?

- What features should I look for?

- If the "normal" pie recipe calls for a 9" pie pan, what width and height should I look for in the tart pan?

- Would you recommend non-stick?

- How about the ones with glass bottoms - - are they better?

Any and all thoughts welcome!


Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Also check the Cooking Forum. The folks there are Pie Experts!

Here is a link that might be useful: Cooking Forum

    Bookmark   November 5, 2012 at 9:47AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
New Viking Cookware
Has anyone tried the new Viking Cookware now being...
tea kettles
Hi - does anyone know of a whistling tea kettle that...
Mauviel m'150s and m'250c
I'm looking at some pans in these two lines -- I understand...
Nu Wave Oven
Has anyone bought this? Is it worth the cost? It is...
Best Non-Stick Cookware?
Saw a segment on this morning's news that says not...
Sponsored Products
Oil Rubbed Bronze Flush Mount
$48.00 | Bellacor
Executive Zero-Radius Rectangular Stainless Steel Undermount Sink
Signature Hardware
Reverb Office Chair in Green
$229.00 | LexMod
32 x 32 Stone shower base Mongolia black basalt - CORAL BLACK
Farberware Chicory Mirror 20 pc. Flatware Set - 326120FBB12DS
$39.99 | Hayneedle
1.34-Qt. Blue Pie Plate
$9.49 | zulily
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™