Garrell and Associates Amicalola Cottage house plan

DivinityMorganOctober 7, 2012

My husband and I will be building the Amicalola house plan by Garrell and Associates in Brevard, NC this spring. I am looking for other people who have built Garrell house plans before. Any suggestions for me to change the plans or photos to share?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jdcpros

Hello, My wife and I are building a version of the Amicalola Cottage right now. (Just getting ready to pour concrete basement floor tomorrow.) We've made a few changes but overall kept the basic Amicalola Cottage layout. I'd be happy to answer any questions. I'll try to post a couple pics of where we are in the process.

Bookmark   October 10, 2012 at 2:18PM
etr2002

This plan and the ones similar have been discussed on several threads, so if you do a search you should be able to read through them easily. We have considered building the Amicalola as well, so I have read the other threads and learned quite a bit so maybe you will too. If you find Garrell on FaceBook, you can connect with other families who also built this plan as well as see additional pictures. You may also want to contact Garrell directly and see if they have a working relationship with a builder in your area who has experience with the plan - I did that and was able to speak with a builder nearby and go see the home. Good luck with your build!

Bookmark   October 10, 2012 at 11:32PM
Rick261

Jdcpros, are you enjoying living in your new home yet? Any finished pictures of the house? We are looking forward to seeing the finished product. Thanks, Rick261

Bookmark   June 23, 2013 at 11:33AM
More Discussions
Floor Plan Critique
Building a narrow lot home and wanted to solicit input...
jdlarsen1
Modifying Master Bedroom Entry
This plan includes a nice hallway that runs across...
burbmomoftwo
Curtain height?
My walkout basement ceilings are 9 feet. I like curtains...
mattypies
It's March 2015: How is your build progressing?
Zorro-anyone can start one. :) Link to It's February...
autumn.4
Onyx brand vanity top in Winter or Terrazo?
Does anyone have photos of these? I'm not having good...
brodyt
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™