just bought Costco Kirkland 6 qt oval dutch oven

gibby2015October 5, 2009

I bought a Le Creuset a few years ago - wanted oval but got round because they didn't have oval in the discontinued deep blue color I wanted. Well, I was passing through Costco last weekend and saw the big, beautiful deep red one and couldn't resist for $49.99. So far the only difference I can see is that it is not dishwasher safe. It worked well the first time around and cleaned up easily. I wasn't really planning to get an oval one figuring I'd never splurge for another Le Creuset but I think it will be nice to have.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
chaoster

Saw this in Costco today. Looks very nice. Made in China made me not buy one.

Bookmark   October 13, 2009 at 5:14PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
brianmason

Well, if it is any constellation....I've been doing alot of research on cast-iron cookware for the past few weeks. It started because of taking free cooking classes at Williams-Sonoma locally!

I tend to rely on research, than personal experience. I did pickup 2 cuisinart pieces at TJMaxx for $60 & $80. 5qt
and 8-qt oval. Found a great deal on Rachel Ray C/I 3.5 and 6.0 oval both for $68. Rachel Ray is made by Staub. I dislike China because of poor quality control, but a good company will tightly oversee qc in the states. Consumer Report rated Emerilware All-Clad very high and that is made in Japan. The money u save vs. STAUB or LC can extend your kitchen and buy if warranties don't cover they normally do.

I am not one to buy just for a name or personality, I wish I had the means to buy LC -- it just isn't logical.

Brian

http://yourcookwarehelper.com/buy-cookware/cookware-sales/le-creuset-cookware-sales/

Here is a link that might be useful: paylesscookware.com

Bookmark   October 16, 2009 at 3:02PM
More Discussions
Pasta rolling pin aka mattarello
I'm planning on purchasing a mattarello or pasta rolling...
miscel
Help with Induction Cookware
I just bought a Samsung Induction cooktop, and I need...
element_z
Kitchen Selective food slicer
Would anyone know of source for parts for Kitchen Selective...
debby_1
New Viking Cookware
Has anyone tried the new Viking Cookware now being...
katespak
cooks essentials talking microwave
I don't know if I should post this here or on the cooking...
vacuumfreak
Sponsored Products
Meridian Oval Serve Bowl
$54.00 | FRONTGATE
Sea Life Serving Tray
$29.50 | FRONTGATE
Bayou Classic Cast Iron 16-qt Dutch Oven with Perforated Basket and Lid
Overstock.com
Stackable Silicone Tool Set
$11.99 | zulily
Hamilton Beach 22720 2-slice Toaster
Overstock.com