Freezer Labels

holly_bcOctober 24, 2009

For years I have used Tupperware labels which peeled off excellently as long as they were removed quickly after leaving the freezer. Now they don't seem to be making them anymore. Sigh. So annoying.

Sooo I'm on the hunt for a substitute (other than masking tape) and wonder what you folks might recommend. I will be going to your wonderful country reasonably soon so even if the product isn't avail in Canada, if I have a bit of heads up, I can order and retrieve same.

Please - if anyone has lables useful for freezer labelling for both ziplock type bags and for containers, I would surely appreciate it if you would share.

Thanks so much,

Holly

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sushipup1

Years and years ago, I bought a roll of "freezer tape" that looked a lot like masking tape. Is there a difference?

For disposable ziplok bags, I'd just use a magic marker.

Bookmark   October 25, 2009 at 12:27AM
jessyf

Laminated P-Touch labels (by Brother) are fabulous for freezer use (or any!). They won't come off, can be sent through the dishwasher (still on the container) but will peel off and can be reused on other containers as you decide. Labels will stick to pretty much anything.

You choose your labeling machine (they have tons!) by what width tape you want - most common is 1/2 inch, but 1 inch is very useful too.

Bookmark   October 29, 2009 at 9:10AM
mustangs81

I agree with Jessica on the Laminated P-Touch. Shamefully I have 3 label machines to support my anal habits.

Everytime I say to self "self, you will remember what's in this container" I disappoint myself in the end. Perhaps I take freezer labeling to another level as I keep like things together.

Bookmark   October 29, 2009 at 9:40AM
jessyf

'another level'.....I'll see that and raise you one...LOL

Bookmark   October 29, 2009 at 10:12AM
mustangs81

Great idea Jessica. I'll have to use labels on my cats for the house sitter.

Bookmark   October 29, 2009 at 11:01AM
More Discussions
tea kettles
Hi - does anyone know of a whistling tea kettle that...
chilloway
Recommendation for pans for high heat cooking
I like "high heat" cooking, not the kind...
azmom
induction stove power boost function
Have a set of Zwilling cookware and their brochure...
metaphilos
Pasta rolling pin aka mattarello
I'm planning on purchasing a mattarello or pasta rolling...
miscel
Any information on Evaco/Cast?
Just saw this in a kitchen store...latest non-stick...
rogerv_gw
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™