Any good deals on Lodge cast iron?

jomama49October 5, 2005

Where do YOU think the best place to buy Lodge cast iron is? I'm interested in a dutch oven. How many quarts do you recommend? I would guess that 5qts is plenty big enough for a family of four, but could you cook for six in it if you were entertaining? Any experiences to be shared would be appreciated!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
phatcat

I've got some great Lodge prices on ebay. Currently ewins_corp has the Lodge Logic 5 qt Dutch oven for $24.99. One thing to keep in mind is that cast iron is heavy, so your shipping charges will add up.

Bookmark   October 6, 2005 at 6:07AM
lizql

If you live close to or travel by Cracker Barrel restaurants, they sell Lodge cast iron. Very inexpensive as compared to other prices I have seen.

Bookmark   October 10, 2005 at 2:40PM
cpovey

Cast iron is often cheaper at local hardware or cooking stores. As PhatCat points out, it's heavy, so a local place that uses truck shipping (buying many items simultaenously) often incurrs less shipping charges than using UPS.

Ace and True Value, which use company trucks, don't care about weight, because they will also be carrying cases of AC filters and light bulbs at the same time, so the weight really make no difference.

Bookmark   October 16, 2005 at 2:58PM
Efulitz

I've seen what appear to be excellent prices on Amazon.com. Only $8.99 for a Lodge Logic 10-1/4-Inch Pre-Seasoned Skillet. $26.99 for a Lodge Logic 5-Quart Pre-Seasoned Dutch Oven. With free shipping for purchases of over $25 (only items directly from Amazon.com, not 3rd parties through Amazon.com) it should be even cheaper than eBay. Plus they have a coupon running through November 27, 2005 for $25 off of $125 or more of Kitchen & Housewares or Bed & Bath products. Promotion code WTRQUCKDSCNT. I'm thinking of loading up.

Here is a link that might be useful: $25 off purchase details

Bookmark   October 27, 2005 at 1:17PM
momj47

WalMart carries a fairly good selection of Lodge Cast Iron cookware. Sams Club has had sets for sale around the holidays.

Bookmark   October 28, 2005 at 10:55AM
More Discussions
stainless flatware
does anyone have reed and barton allora flatware? i...
JoPierson
best (semi-pro) brand pots and pans for induction
hello we are renovating our kitchen and now it will...
robantwerp
Best stockpot recommendations?
I've been slowly upgrading my cookware (Demeyere, Le...
Gooster
Help with Induction Cookware
I just bought a Samsung Induction cooktop, and I need...
element_z
Need advice on a soup pot
hi, I haven't bought cookware in years, so don't know...
ellenr22
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™