Fridge mount magnetic knife rack?

kmicklesonOctober 24, 2005

This type knife holder has magnets on the back which let you attach it to your fridge, which I require because I have no wall space for a wall-mount version of it. I bought one years ago from one of those chintzy catalogues like Harriet Carter or something--and I still have it but am looking to find a longer replacement. I've Googled every imaginable combo of terms, checked current "home" catalogues to try & find one to no avail. [Many wall-mount versions, but none with magnets to hold up on fridge.] I can't believe nobody's come up with a modern day version of this immensely helpful item. Anyone have any leads?

Thanks,

Karen

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
momj47

Why don't you attach strip magnets to the back of a magnetic knife rack that you like. You can get adhesive magnet strips at the hardware store. You can even screw them to the back of the rack for extra strength.

Bookmark   October 24, 2005 at 10:46PM
garden_of_darwin

IKEA has a magnetic bar that's very strong. And cheap! I have a couple of them...in fact, I picked up 2 for .50 each in the AS-IS room. It has mounts on each end, or it can be used magnetically (sp?).

If you live near an IKEA, it's worth a shot to see if it will suit your needs. If I remember correctly, it's $5.99 in the US.

Hope that helps!
Susan

Here is a link that might be useful: Magnetic Knife Rack Specs

Bookmark   October 25, 2005 at 12:24PM
kmickleson

Susan,

Thanks so much for your info. I had in fact come across the Ikea one on my search, but they didn't say it was magnetic on the back, so I was reluctant to order it. With your input, I went ahead and ordered 2 of 'em!

Again, thanks. Amazing how great these forums are for getting any obscure bit of information.

Karen

Bookmark   October 26, 2005 at 12:16PM
garden_of_darwin

Glad to have been of help! :)

Susan

Bookmark   October 26, 2005 at 7:46PM
More Discussions
Best stockpot recommendations?
I've been slowly upgrading my cookware (Demeyere, Le...
Gooster
New Viking Cookware
Has anyone tried the new Viking Cookware now being...
katespak
Recommendation for pans for high heat cooking
I like "high heat" cooking, not the kind...
azmom
Kitchen Selective food slicer
Would anyone know of source for parts for Kitchen Selective...
debby_1
tea kettles
Hi - does anyone know of a whistling tea kettle that...
chilloway
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™