Need new non-stick cookware help

gambleressOctober 31, 2009

I a am trying to decided between Emrils anodized all clad 10 piece set and Analons Advanced bronze anodized set. Has anyone had any experience with either? I have a cast iron skillet for my corn bread and stainless pan I use all the time for browning and general cooking. I am wanting a matching set for everthing else.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sushipup1

Why do you want a matching set? Generally, it's not a wise buy.

Bookmark   October 31, 2009 at 6:53PM
gambleress

My MIL gave me a gift card for a set, my saute pans and non stick are worn out, so I would like to use for a nice set that will last to use with my Stainless that I use a lot. We also have a new home and would like to clear out some stratched up pans that have been getting me through for veggies and misc.

Bookmark   October 31, 2009 at 7:59PM
sushipup1

Sets are usually very impractical because you don't get use out of several pieces. Is the gift card useful for individual pieces? I'd probably buy what I really use, and forget about some of the pieces that come with a 'set'.

Bookmark   October 31, 2009 at 8:23PM
gambleress

I may, but still would be between Emril All Clad and Anolon. Do you know which holds up better?

Bookmark   October 31, 2009 at 8:34PM
joeekaitis

Consider also Infinite Circulon made by Meyer, the company that makes Anolon. So far, it's the only anodized aluminum cookware that's induction ready and dishwasher safe (though I can't imagine anything leaving a mess that wouldn't clean up in the sink). The $60 pair of 10" and 12" skillets is a steal.

Bookmark   November 1, 2009 at 10:47AM
beachlily z9a

Just because Emerilware is made by AllClad, don't believe you are getting Allclad quality. I purchased a stainless Emerilware set when I purchased my induction range in July. Paid $119/set--cheap and worth exactly that. Piece by piece I'm replacing it. The one piece that I'll keep is the Chef's Pan--picture a wok crossed with a stock pan.

Bookmark   November 5, 2009 at 1:44PM
javaandjazz

I would check out the all clad seconds at cookwarenmore.com or check out williams-sonoma outlets. The pieces I have purchased have just had slight blemishes in the handles. You can't beat the prices.

Here is a link that might be useful: all clad seconds at cookwarenmore

Bookmark   November 7, 2009 at 8:35AM
More Discussions
Fermented cabbage
Many people really enjoy as me the taste of fermented...
GeorgeLiv
stainless flatware
does anyone have reed and barton allora flatware? i...
JoPierson
Pasta rolling pin aka mattarello
I'm planning on purchasing a mattarello or pasta rolling...
miscel
silicone baking mat aftertaste
i got silicone baking mats on overstock.com a couple...
ardcp
Help with a Farberware MicroBrew
I need some help figuring out how to use a Farberware...
ritaotay
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™