Found this cookware deal... Is it a great deal???

serranteOctober 13, 2005

I found the following cookware on sale for $209.00...

Cuisinart MCP-12 Multiclad Pro Stainless-Steel 12-Piece Cookware Set

It sounds like a good deal, but want to see if more savvy shoppers think otherwise...

Thanks for the help...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
steve_o

If you know you'll actually use the pieces in a set -- or if you'll keep what you'll really use and give away the rest -- then a set can be a very good deal. But if you buy it as a "great deal" and then realize you don't have a big pot you want for boiling pasta water or that you want a tiny pot for melting butter or chocolate or such, then it's not such a great deal.

Personally, I don't believe any cookware material is ideal for all kinds of cooking; a clad product like All-Clad or Multiclad probably comes closest to "universal" in my view, though that kind of cookware usually comes at a price.

Bookmark   October 14, 2005 at 10:14AM
blondelle

Serrante, I think it's a very good deal. Great cookware, and compares favorably to All-Clad. Nice bonuses with it too, and free shipping. Open an Amazon charge, and get another $20 off!

Bookmark   October 14, 2005 at 7:42PM
blondelle

Serrante, hope you were talking about Amazon, as it's actually $184 there ($25 off a $125 purchase). You also get a Cuisinart free santouko knife, and a small mini Cuisinart processor + free shipping!

Bookmark   October 14, 2005 at 9:48PM
serrante

Thanks for the responses, very helpful... And yes it was the amazon deal, I found through a connection at slickdeals.net... It sent me to the amazon site where I saw the 12 piece pro set on sale... and I did see the extra $25 discount... It looks like I will be owning a new set of cookware...

Steve...

Bookmark   October 17, 2005 at 1:02PM
More Discussions
Pasta rolling pin aka mattarello
I'm planning on purchasing a mattarello or pasta rolling...
miscel
Recommendation for pans for high heat cooking
I like "high heat" cooking, not the kind...
azmom
Fermented cabbage
Many people really enjoy as me the taste of fermented...
GeorgeLiv
Kitchen Selective food slicer
Would anyone know of source for parts for Kitchen Selective...
debby_1
silicone baking mat aftertaste
i got silicone baking mats on overstock.com a couple...
ardcp
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™