Grapefruit Spoons! How to Choose?

shannonplus2October 26, 2007

I discovered how great are grapefruit spoons when I bought a couple at a flea market. I think they are a dying breed, from a bygone time when people had a separate utensil for everything! I guess no one uses them anymore, but they make grapefruit eating so easy! Also kiwi, avocado, and so many other fruits and vegetables.

So, I am looking for a full new set of grapefruit spoons. I decided I wanted brand new modern, rather than antiques I could find on eBay or flea markets. One issue with the flea market ones I have is that they are not ergonomic; they're thin and a little difficult to hold.

I am not sure what I am looking for though, and would appreciate any input from the experts on this Forum. I notice that some grapefruit spoons have the serrations on two sides, while some are serrated just on one side (like the Williams Sonoma set), but am not sure what difference that makes. Price is not a factor, since they are all pretty reasonably priced. Here are a few I found, but let me know if there are others that are best!:

Williams Sonoma Grapefruit Spoons

Henckels Grapefruit Spoons

Global Decor Grapefruit Spoons

Norpro Grapefruit Spoons

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
shannonplus2

Well, since no one responded to my posting on the Cookware Forum, I posted on the Cooking Forum, and received several nice responses. In order to move this post down the page on the Cookware Forum, and, in case anyone is also interested in grapefruit spoons, I am linking my other thread below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cooking Forum Thread on Grapefruit Spoons

Bookmark   October 30, 2007 at 4:53PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Fori is not pleased

You had me intrigued, but I don't know anything about 'em so I couldn't help you. :)

Bookmark   October 30, 2007 at 5:30PM
More Discussions
Need a double boiler for induction cooktop
I need a 3 piece set: the bottom pan (induction ready),...
creativ3girl
Best Non-Stick Cookware?
Saw a segment on this morning's news that says not...
jrb451
Need advice on a soup pot
hi, I haven't bought cookware in years, so don't know...
ellenr22
best (semi-pro) brand pots and pans for induction
hello we are renovating our kitchen and now it will...
robantwerp
induction questions: heat distribution vs. pan size, moisture
I bought a single-burner induction hotplate to try...
meeotch
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™