New (to me) cookware lines

kitchendetectiveOctober 17, 2006

Has anyone had any experience with the following stainless steel brands of cookware on gas ranges:

CIA Masters Collection

Viking

Mauviel stainless

I am particularly interested in saute pans and handle comfort, but am interested in anything you have to say about these.

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindac

The opnly way you will know if the handles are comfortable for you is to test them.
Linda C

Bookmark   October 20, 2006 at 10:53PM
gw:forget-me-nots

I have tested the CIA saute pan by sauteing a sliced onion/pepper/garlic mixture in olive oil for pasta. It has nicely rounded shape to aid in turning/stirring, but still politely sits flat on the burner without wobbling. The interior sandwiched layer of aluminum continues from the bottom all the way up the sides for even heat distribution. The handle has a nice curve to help carry the weight of the pan and its contents. It can be used on any type of stove, even induction. It is a well thought out design and pleasant to hold.

Bookmark   October 26, 2006 at 5:32PM
kitchendetective

Thanks for the info. The problem for me is I live far away from cities in central Texas and, even when I am in the city, I do not find these particular brands in stores. Therefore, it's difficult to try them out for myself. I do not mind, in fact I prefer, heavy pans. Many people recommend All-Clad, which are readily available, but I find that the handles dig into my hand, even when I use the helper handle, so I have ruled out that brand.

Bookmark   October 28, 2006 at 11:29AM
More Discussions
Club cast aluminum still made?
I am new to the list, so forgive me if this subject...
joan41
Is there lead in this antique brass pitcher?
Hello, I have a fondness for antique metal cookware...
bradleyd_svh
Kitchen Selective food slicer
Would anyone know of source for parts for Kitchen Selective...
debby_1
tea kettles
Hi - does anyone know of a whistling tea kettle that...
chilloway
Stainless Cookware cleaning - again... :
Hi all, IÂve read a lot of posts on how to clean stainless...
wazatron
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™