Pans-where manufactured?

noodlesportlandOctober 23, 2008

I have been trying to find out where various brands of cookware are manufactured--anyone? I have notice that a pan might have "Germany" or "Switzerland" on the bottom and then "made in China" under that. Anyone know where the big name brands are actually produced?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kitchendetective

Which brands, specifically, are you referring to? All-Clad manufactures some pieces in the U.S. and some in China. CIA Masters Collection is made in China. Le Creuset is made in France and China, depending upon piece. Mauviel and Matfer-Bourgeat are made in France. Falk in Belgium. Viking in Belgium. Staub in France. Demeyere Belgium.

Bookmark   October 27, 2008 at 11:15AM
susiequevillon

Most of the cookware is manufactured in China. Sometimes they claim "designed in" Italy etc, but I know All-Clad is made in China.

Bookmark   October 27, 2008 at 12:10PM
solarpowered

Demeyere cookware--Belgium.

Bookmark   October 27, 2008 at 7:02PM
noodlesportland

thanks-I have learned that some of the stainless All-Clad is made in the USA but the other lines are made in China. Lodge is China. Does anyone know where Calaphan is manufactured?

Bookmark   October 28, 2008 at 1:48AM
kitchendetective

From the Lodge website:
"Are Lodge products made in the USA?
All of our foundry seasoned cast iron products, including the Signature Series, are manufactured in the USA. Our Lodge Enamel items are imported from China."

The All-Clad website claims that all bonded pieces are manufactured in the United States, but all lids, utensils, and non-bonded pieces are manufactured in China.

With Le Creuset, the enamel and cast iron pieces are made in France, but the enamel on metal pieces, some of the ceramics, the utensils, and various other lines are made in China.

Bookmark   October 28, 2008 at 10:20AM
noodlesportland

thanks--someone had told me about Lodge and that is was made in China. Is all of it made here?
I am lookining for a small soup pot --just soups/rissoto in small batches. Thinking of 3.5 quart either Lodge or stainless All-Clad. I am replacing a 30 year old Rever Ware.
Anyone?

Bookmark   October 28, 2008 at 7:19PM
tcstoehr

All Lodge is made in USA except the colored, enameled items.

Bookmark   November 12, 2008 at 3:49PM
More Discussions
induction stove power boost function
Have a set of Zwilling cookware and their brochure...
metaphilos
Mauviel m'150s and m'250c
I'm looking at some pans in these two lines -- I understand...
Gooster
Help with Induction Cookware
I just bought a Samsung Induction cooktop, and I need...
element_z
Kitchenaid Stand Mixer Food Grinder
My hubs gave me the meat/food grinder attachment for...
mimijacobs
White film/Oxidation on Wusthof Handles
I recently bought a set of Wusthof Classic Ikon knives...
rmverb
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™